Jan

Tee Time!

2014-01-02T202807Z_565408884_GM1EA130CB001_RTRMADP_3_OBAMA

President Barack Obama gestures on the second green as he plays golf at Marine Corps Base Hawaii in Kaneohe

Hawaii News Now: Obama, New Zealand PM Hit Golf Course In Hawaii

President Barack Obama is hitting the golf course in Hawaii with New Zealand Prime Minister John Key. The two leaders teed off on a sunny and breezy morning on the island of Oahu. They’re at a course on a military base near Obama’s rented vacation home. Key’s son and Obama’s personal aide completed the foursome.

More here

2014-01-02T201921Z_1033197940_GM1EA130BXJ01_RTRMADP_3_OBAMA

President Barack Obama plays golf with New Zealand Prime Minister John Key at Marine Corps Base Hawaii in Kaneohe

2014-01-02T204328Z_855684561_GM1EA130D1X01_RTRMADP_3_OBAMA

Max Key, son of New Zealand Prime Minister John Key, holds the pin while playing a round of golf with President Barack Obama

2014-01-02T202309Z_686468605_GM1EA130C4101_RTRMADP_3_OBAMA

President Barack Obama watches as New Zealand Prime Minister John Key high fives his son Max during a round of golf at Marine Corps Base Hawaii in Kaneohe. Bending down to the hole is President Obama’s aide Marvin Nicholson.

0a5208b74c89cc00470f6a706700dc26

e68014ec4c79cc00470f6a706700e450

ac54fb1c4c87cc00470f6a7067004128

2f44ae0b4c88cc00470f6a706700c098

6d8ab89d4c87cc00470f6a706700a8c0

2014-01-02T203021Z_825137247_GM1EA130CG701_RTRMADP_3_OBAMA

157 Responses to “Tee Time!”

1. 1 MightyPamela
    January 2, 2014 at 5:16 pm

Ahem!

• 2 MightyPamela
      January 2, 2014 at 5:17 pm

I shall put the billy on, we’ll all have Tee!

• 3 99ts
        January 2, 2014 at 5:28 pm

You do speak much oz language MP. When I was in the US and asked for a cup of tea, I was delivered a glass of iced tea. A whole new language it was.

• 4 MightyPamela
          January 2, 2014 at 6:09 pm

I lived in Canada for many years, 99ts, then NZ, after that in OZ, so coming from a tea drinking family as well, I was truly schooled in the proprieties! In fact, I possess a proper antique Teakwood butler trolley, and while several people dared offer to ‘take care’ of it for me during the downsize, and the new apartment is too small to efficiently use it (!), I shall part with it in my Will!! :lol:

• 5 99ts
            January 2, 2014 at 6:16 pm

A well educated British lady :) :) – even if the education was in the colonies!

• 6 Betsy
            January 2, 2014 at 7:53 pm

MP, I grew up in Canada, came to the US in 1999 and then became a US citizen after President Obama was elected, in May 2009. We thought if this country was ready to elect an African-American for president, then we could become a citizen of that country. I don’t regret it at all, but I had no idea the amount of hatred some Americans are engaged in. It makes me really sad. :(

• 7 Mary
              January 3, 2014 at 11:13 pm

I grew up in England and came to the US in 1965. I too was shocked to discover the racism that bubbled up after President Obama was elected. I thought Obama signaled that America was largely over its racist leanings. It is a great shame that was not the case, a shame that many of his hopes could not be realized and a shame for America that it didn’t rise to the occasion. I’m sure history will place him in his rightful position, but in the meantime for such an outstanding person to have been so shabbily treated by the racists in this country and the Republicans in Congress is painful for me to watch. We’re just lucky that he decided to devote himself to public service.

• January 2, 2014 at 5:19 pm

Congrats MP! First on the course!

2. 9 Vicki
    January 2, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Attractive golfer, our POTUS!

3. 10 Vicki
    January 2, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Pamela wins the opening tip!!

4. 13 forus50
    January 2, 2014 at 5:19 pm

Hey everyone, look at these numbers! This is a projection by Accenture – expecting 9 million under the Public (both federal and state) in 2014. Seems the GOP is fighting a LOSING battle, lmao. ObamaCare is here to stay. If the DEMS win the House in 2014 and keep the Senate, they should vote to officially change the name from Affordable Care Act to ObamaCare. :)

5. 15 Judith Fardig
    January 2, 2014 at 5:21 pm

Congrats to Mighty Pamela on #1. Let’s hope Chips and Danny are resting comfortably after their ordeal in the park.

• 16 MightyPamela
      January 2, 2014 at 5:22 pm

I shall pour them tea, well, maybe chicken broth for our DannyBoy!

• January 2, 2014 at 5:28 pm

I just want to hug them both. Especially Danny.

• 18 99ts
        January 2, 2014 at 5:35 pm

Just finished reading your retirement news CarolMae – what I enjoy the most in retirement is being my own timekeeper – I make no appointments earlier than 10am & a couple of my older relatives – who I enjoy helping out by driving them around – have learned to do the same. If they make 9am appointments – they call a cab. :) :)

Mr 99 is still working – which means he sees little of my daily laziness. Not sure what will happen when he retires (some time this year). My sins will be on display!

6. 20 99ts
    January 2, 2014 at 5:31 pm

The NZ PM is a right wing leader – doesn’t stop him wanting to play golf with PBO – and it seems no-one in NZ is complaining because he takes a vacation in Hawaii!

January 2, 2014 at 5:46 pm

I know nothing about the people of NZ, but I do know about the racists haters here in America. I was reading some comments about the Obamas sending Barbara Bush a get well note, and the comments from the people were as if the Obamas were disrespectful to Mrs. Bush. They were so disrespectful to our President and First Lady. There are times you would think that you would put aside all the B.S., focus on well wishes for Barbara Bush, but not with these racists haters. One comment said Ahhh Barbara Bush a First Lady we can be proud of, and you can guess what I wrote back.

• 22 dotster3
        January 2, 2014 at 5:49 pm

Don’t bother with the comments—-anywhere. I think it’s the same paid 5 College Republicans commenting everywhere. It’s all hateful rubbish and a waste of time to engage.

January 2, 2014 at 5:55 pm

I know that most of the time, but some time I do what I know I shouldn’t, which is read those B.S. comments.

• January 2, 2014 at 8:26 pm

Annie – I don’t even bother to read those negative comments anymore. They are toxic to the soul. Those kind of people cannot be helped at this point. Leave them to divine intervention.

7. 25 JER
    January 2, 2014 at 5:32 pm

LIVE NOW: New York City Mayor De Blasio – Storm Preps News Conference – http://www.cbsnews.com/liveFeed/widget.shtml

• January 2, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Vicki and other NYers should be very proud of their new Mayor – he is ON IT, big time!!!! And, shows tremendous compassion and readiness to help those who are most vulnerable in a weather situation such as the one on the way.

• 27 Vicki
        January 2, 2014 at 6:01 pm

I’m proud and holding my breath at the same time.
        RW NY media is looking for a stumble. Very unlikely they will get one.

• 28 99ts
          January 2, 2014 at 6:04 pm

They hold democratic leaders to such higher standards – being dumb or rich seems to absolve the GOP from media criticism

• 29 99ts
        January 2, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Thanks for your reply on an earlier thread Bob – we are – by my calculation – about 18 hours apart time wise, so conversations have a slight time lag :) – as has been said by many – democracy is not easy – the rules that make a democracy are often attacked by those who think they have the right to rule. Your primary elections are something that appear to me to be unique to the US – which adds another level to the money side of politics. In Westminster democracies political parties choose their candidates – the majority of the population don’t belong to the parties – so it is a much simpler process.

8. 30 anniebella
    January 2, 2014 at 5:34 pm

The PM shorts, well I don’t need to say anything else, except those shorts.

• January 2, 2014 at 5:37 pm

I was thinking of something too. ;)

• 32 Linda
      January 2, 2014 at 5:37 pm

And….no belt…..eww

January 2, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Kids, be nice now. :)

• 34 dotster3
      January 2, 2014 at 5:54 pm

Sad to say that is not unusual attire for a golf course. Some men use their time out there to strut around like deranged peacocks. And I have to say with this foursome, they could all use a makeover, imho. I’ll give PBO a pass because—-PBO, but I like dark shirts with khakis—–but none of these guys were going to be featured on any Best Dressed Golfer magazine cover.

• 35 dotster3
        January 2, 2014 at 5:57 pm

Oh—-as long as I’ve appointed myself golf attire spokesperson, I also like white shirts with khakis. On a hot day. Best is navy or black though. Over and out—-forever more.

January 2, 2014 at 7:11 pm

I’ve seen some of the real golfers and their dress is nothing to brag about, some where more known for what they were wearing then their golf game.

• 37 99ts
        January 2, 2014 at 7:34 pm

A lovely turn of phrase you have :) – reminds me of a British player who used to strut around in plus fours of the scottish tartan type – his clothes usually got more comments than his game – although for a few years he was a good player – the name escapes me.

• 38 Roberta in Mn
          January 2, 2014 at 8:04 pm

That wasn’t Padrie was it or Stewart, I think was Scottish and he died in a plane crash. There were quite a few on the PGA tour that were just outlandish dress. Fun to watch them tho. I love to watch Golf.

• 39 99ts
            January 2, 2014 at 8:20 pm

Using the google – it was Payne Stewart – I had completely forgotten the weird plane accident – yet I remember the clothes – they obviously made an impression.

9. 40 susanne
    January 2, 2014 at 5:34 pm

my president is having fun!! woot!

10. January 2, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Congrats on 1st Pamela and Happy New Year!!

Important information on #Euromaidan

“Ukrainian activists, local and international news media, as well as political scientists, have pointed out the importance of social media in the recent “Euromaidan” protests in Ukraine. Many reports have credited initial tweets by journalists and activists as the key mechanism that brought hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians out into the streets. Other reports have focused on the “Millennials” as the drivers of and main participants of the protest-events. Yet, a recent British Academy funded survey of protest participants, by Tamara Martsenyuk and myself, launched on Nov. 27, points to a more complex picture.

Since Nov. 27, 20 interviewers have been conducting surveys at Kiev protest sites for two to three hours each day. A strict random sampling strategy has been employed, whereby only every sixth protester was approached. Thus far, we have surveyed 1,203 protest participants (and counting). We have complimented the survey data with daily documentation of protest slogans and signage (digital video and photography), as well as rapid interviews with a smaller sample of protesters (n= 200). Some of the preliminary findings from our study are surprising and incongruent with reports from news media outlets: 1) Protesters are older than expected. 2) Protesters are more diverse than expected. 3) Social media are important, but not simply as a provider of information about existence of protests. 4) Social-networks – both within and outside of social media – seem to be highly influential in bring people out into the streets. 5) Social media and Internet news sites seem to have been successfully used as key framing devices for protest themes.”

• January 2, 2014 at 5:46 pm

Thank you for bringing us this important news story Bobfr.

• January 2, 2014 at 5:49 pm

Happy New Year Carol and I wish you and your husband a wonderful 2014 and hope his ‘caking’ was fun and that he’ll enjoy his obviously hard-earned retirement.

• January 2, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Thank you Bobfr. He’s getting ready to drive now. He won’t be so dirty when he gets home. ;)

• 47 Cindy
          January 2, 2014 at 6:14 pm

Happy New Year Bob!
          You answered several of my statements last evening. Do you ever sleep : ) ?
          Please direct me to information, if you can, regarding NAFTA and the TPP situation. Ed Schultz was in an uproar against the President today about this matter. He stated that he is not going to back down, and he is calling on the Black Caucus to speak out. He stated that over 200 letters have been given by members of the house to the President. He had a speaker on from one of the Unions who are all upset with the President. They are insinuating that the President is not being honest with the public.

What bothers me, is that Ed’s big mouth caused, I believe, Dems to lose in 2010. This is not the time to start on the President in this all important election year. I just want to be educated on this because Ed is saying that both parties are upset with the President. Please direct me, not that I can change anything but knowledge is power. When I need to be fed, I come to the classroom of TOD University for truth; my major, “truth-in-politics.” Thank you in advance.

• January 2, 2014 at 6:33 pm

Hi Cindy,
            Unfortunately I do not have sufficient background on the TPP (Trans Pacific Pact) issue to be of any help. I do know that Senator Warren has major concerns about it. Will not be surprised to hear more from the President about it in the next few weeks, especially if a ‘fast track’ vote is requested by the White House. As with all these issues, my approach is to research what the President and his team actually are stating and doing before getting upset.

#TrustBarack

• 49 Cindy
              January 2, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Ed has a voice for that which he believes in but when he gets on the, “I am going to rant” until I am heard wagon, and he can do real damage. 2014 has to happen for the good of the people and it doesn’t take much for people to sit home instead of vote, in a non Presidential election year. My problem with Ed, is that he is saying that the President is not being truthful to the American people. We just don’t need this right after the ACA mess about what the President didn’t tell the truth about. I just wish that they would wait until they have “all of the information.” Thanks again, Sorry to rant, he made my nerves come apart.

11. 50 Nena20409
    January 2, 2014 at 5:45 pm

Nice photographs. So now the media is showing these pictures? Hmm? Now they feel important? Hmm?

Much Ado About Nothing? Or Was it Sound and Fury, signifying Nothing? Oh Yeah.

My guess is New Zealand is closer to HI than DC is to HI ;)

12. 51 Nena20409
    January 2, 2014 at 5:46 pm

When is POTUS and Family coming back? This weekend? I had forgotten.

13. 54 Vicki
    January 2, 2014 at 5:49 pm

Politico announces that after 5 years they are shutting down their 44 blog. That was the place I got my PBO daily schedule until BWD and TOD made Politico unnecessary.
    So, after 5 years of bad bs about our President apparently they realize no matter what they say they will not hurt him. Politico states that PBO will be covered on their main page which includes such luminaries as John McCain and stars Hillary.
    Maybe the new plan is to ignore POTUS.
    New plan is not going to work out in Politico’s favor any more than the old plan did.

14. 55 Nena20409
    January 2, 2014 at 5:50 pm

There a resignation in NC using the Kligon(sp) Language to do so.

Dudette, is that OK?

15. 58 anniebella
    January 2, 2014 at 5:57 pm

A question, I’m glad POTUS is playing golf cause it’s clear he enjoys it, But is he any good at it?

16. 65 Nena20409
    January 2, 2014 at 5:59 pm

Big Ed was not too pleased with MMFlint and his “awful” Op-Ed. Mr. Schultz has said many times that 2014 Dems must be on the offense. He will be travelling around to gin up Dem enthusiasm across the nation through out the year.

• 66 Vicki
      January 2, 2014 at 6:02 pm

I heard Ed and it gladdened my heart. Ed is maturing right before our eyes.

• January 2, 2014 at 6:06 pm

Do thank Ed, everyone. And, keep the pressure on Flint.

Yes We Can

• January 2, 2014 at 6:15 pm

So, as I was nursing a hangover yesterday, I missed the MMFlint kerfuffle. Dare I ask what he opined upon?

• 72 Nena20409
        January 2, 2014 at 6:20 pm

ACA. That the dirty little secrete is ACA is awful his words.

• January 2, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Ed’s mistake in saying Dems should be on offence is in thinking MMFlint is a Dem. He’s a grifter, and probably has wet dreams about all 3 branches in GOP hands so that he can start churning out agitprop again.

• 74 99ts
            January 2, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Interesting LL – the so-called liberals find it easy to attack – yet they have great difficulty defending their own and/or supporting anyone. It is so much easier to be in opposition than to govern – MM is a prime example of that. He ranted against guns after Columbine – but what has he done to assist those trying so hard to implement gun safety laws? He wants the impossible and refuses to work towards attaining same – accepting less than utopia is how one gets to utopia.

• 75 4morefor44
      January 2, 2014 at 6:46 pm

leading up to the 2010 midterms, ed schultz literally told democrats not to vote because president obama hadn’t earned their vote. given the incredible amount of change president obama brought within his first two years as president, we know how insane that idea was/is.

this man is as much a charlatan as michael moore, and mark my words, he’ll onto some crazy negative toward toward our president in the near future. he needs to throw out these brief moments of perceived sanity to keep democrats thinking he’s on our side. ed schultz is not with us.

• 76 Cindy
        January 2, 2014 at 6:59 pm

You are correct 4morefor44,
        See my comments up thread. He started in on the President today about NAFTA and the TPP. His mouth can be a loaded weapon at times, harming progress along the way. He caused me to come apart today about his views that the President is not being truthful about the TPP. GRRRRRRRR

• 77 4morefor44
          January 2, 2014 at 7:17 pm

he does this same thing over and over. i think he’s a paid libertarian propagandist who is supposed to earn trust of democrats, only to divide and conquer democratic supporters. evidence #1,232: the lead-up to the 2010 midterms.

• 78 Cindy
            January 2, 2014 at 7:26 pm

Yes, and now we are leading up to the 2014 midterms. He is entitled to his opinions but why not wait until he has the facts before going on this rant about the President is not being honest to the American people. He knows how the media is and to start this circus and demanding that the Black Caucus speak out against the President about this pisses me off. I am sorry, I am looking forward to moving this country forward. It is tiring to go in to another year with BS leading the way. The people who can help bring about the changes we need, are the very people who hinders progress for the President. Can I YELL : O?

• 79 theo67
        January 2, 2014 at 9:09 pm

I’m with you 4morefor44 – Ed’s as much a charlatan as MM Flint – and he’s never admitted his role in the 2010 debacle, despite ACA passing the same year (after 100 years).

17. January 2, 2014 at 6:00 pm

• 81 Linda
      January 2, 2014 at 6:06 pm

I just watched something on this yesterday on book tv. It was incredible. I was shocked…..

Saru Jayaraman, “Behind the Kitchen Door”

About the Program

Saru Jayaraman talks about the experiences of food industry workers in the U.S., the second largest private sector workforce in the country. She says that these individuals, even those who work at restaurants that champion fair-trade food options, are paid the lowest wages and experience some of the worst working conditions of any workers in the country. Ms. Jayaraman spoke at the Enoch Pratt Free Library in Baltimore.

Saru Jayaraman is co-founder and co-director of the Restaurant Opportunities Centers United and director of the Food Labor Research Center at the University of California, Berkeley.

• 82 0388jojothecat
        January 2, 2014 at 6:37 pm

It was during Reagan & the GOP moral majority that cut food service wages and Dems went along with it. They use to make min wage like everyone else and with tips they did not have to get food stamps & earned income credit. I knew many food servicers that were middle class, put themselves through college, and even retired with a nice nest egg. This was the first group the GOP went after and no one said anything because people thought their restaurant food prices would double. The GOP has systematicly gone after every middle class worker. If they are not stopped the last group will be police & firefighters.

• 83 99ts
        January 2, 2014 at 7:48 pm

In my world people only tip if the service is good – many restaurants have a “tip jar” where the money is shared among all the staff, but you can still tip an individual if you so desire. Instead of allowing people to earn tips – it seems in the US there is little relationship between tipping and service – another idea gone totally wrong.

18. January 2, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Chips, just wanna get this in… I hated hearing what you and Danny had to go through today. You’re right, there are some seriously effed up people out there, and knowing how abusive this man could be to a dog is blood-boiling. But this I know for sure, Danny will be so fine. I’ve fostered dogs over the years, and the biggest take-away is dogs so just live in the present. No matter what so many of them have been through at the hands of humans, they continue to trust and love like they’ve known nothing else. The combination of Danny’s naturally super pup confidence (have so loved getting to see snippets of his personality!) and your super mom nurturing, makes him, I’d safely bet , pretty nearly invincible. And I think we all know you are, too. I pity that fool if he ever gets near you again.

• January 2, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Kathleen, you’re a bundle of wisdom, thank you so much for that, it’s like you have a camera on Danny! I’m still freaked out by what happened today, but he’s completely chilled, getting up to his usual mischief and being his regular loveable, rascal-ish self.

I just want to thank everyone for their responses, so so appreciated, and on reflection: I was completely stupid to take this guy on, he was so deranged and aggressive I should have just walked away. And I will do if I meet him again, and I will call the police. Much as I want to inflict severe pain on him, I know he could inflict way more on me and Danny. So, I’ll have some sense, promise.

Again, love ya all. Thank you.

January 2, 2014 at 6:51 pm

Love ya back, Chips. And Danny!

• 87 Cindy
        January 2, 2014 at 6:51 pm

Chipsticks,
        You were not stupid, you did what all of us would have done. He kicked your puppy and you reacted, I would have done the same. We never know what we will do when we are faced with a situation. I use to say; if I am rob, I will give the robber my purse without hesitation. Well, I was robbed at the beauty salon, and the guys had shotguns. One pointed a 357 in my chest and I gave him my money. The other one wanted my purse and I said no, you have the money and I didn’t give it to him. I was faced with a situation and did opposite of what I said I would do. So don’t be too hard on yourself, we just don’t know how we are going to act in a given situation until we meet it head on. You are safe and Danny is safe. Thank God you got away from this deranged individual. Get some spray and when you see him again-take his picture and stay far away. We need you here and we need Danny, so be safe.

• January 2, 2014 at 6:57 pm

Inorite? I once chased a guy at least 4x my size who stole my purse at an Aretha Franklin concert. I caught up to him and just instinctively grabbed him by the neck of his shirt. He tossed me back like a gnat and ran off. Our impulse is to fight back but I think it’s scary to realize that, nowadays, there are way more crazies out there than we care to imagine who can just go off the deep end.

• 89 Cindy
            January 2, 2014 at 7:04 pm

I truly understand Meta,
            Almost 10 years later, I don’t know why I did what I did. The 2nd guy pointed his shotgun at me and said; I don’t care about you and I will kill all of you __ __ in here. When they cleaned everyone out and got away, my heart almost left my chest. I had always said; don’t get killed over a purse-what was I thinking? I honestly don’t know. Glad to know you made it and you are correct, the crazies are everywhere.

• January 2, 2014 at 7:06 pm

OMG, to be in the presence of a malicious person with a gun – God, Cindy, there are no words. You are one brave woman.

• 91 Cindy
                January 2, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Meta,
                It wasn’t bravery, looking back, it was stupidity. I think I was angry because I had given the first gunman the $200.00 dollars that I had on me. So when the other guy with the shotgun asked for my purse, I told him no; you don’t need my purse because I gave your partner the $200.00 dollars. Like I said, we are faced with a situation that causes us to react. Clearly, this was a dumb move on my part but I reacted and I think I was just angry. What I will say; I truly saw my life flash before me, realizing that I could have been blown away. There is an old adage that says; God takes care of babies and fools. I have been both and I am glad that the good Lord didn’t give up on me.

• January 2, 2014 at 7:20 pm

Oh, thank you Cindy, good grief, your experience with that robber was chilling. To have a gun pointed at your chest, I can’t even begin to imagine the fear. Today was nothing as awful as that, but my reaction surprised me too, I always believed the sensible thing to do in any threatening situation was to walk away, but then the red mist descends and you’re damned if you will give in to a thug. Which isn’t smart, but when emotions kick in, there’s no stopping them.

• January 2, 2014 at 7:29 pm

That’s exactly it, a “red mist.”

• 95 nospin
            January 2, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Chips, I am glad you are okay but your gut reaction was expected. When someone threatens your baby a mother will kick ass and think about consequences later.

• 96 Cindy
            January 2, 2014 at 7:38 pm

You are 1000% correct. That is why I asked you to not be so hard on yourself. However, you have a better understanding of what you will do if there is ever a next time. I pray that it will not be a next time-ever, but having gone through it, you pretty much know how you will handle it. The best news of the day; Chipsticks and Danny are safe and well.

• 97 nospin
          January 2, 2014 at 7:29 pm

I fully understand. In my younger days (early twenty something) I used to go to basement parties and some fool decided to shoot off a gun in the air. Well the bullet hit the ceiling, came back down and scraped my arm. People started running when the shot went off to get out of the building. I was so pissed, I turned and beat the living shyte out of that idiot and they had to pull me off him. At the time I was 120 pounds soaking wet but anger can cause you to lose all rationale.

You never know what you will do until you are in a situation.

• 98 Cindy
            January 2, 2014 at 7:50 pm

You just made me laugh. What some of us have done in that moment of “not thinking straight” would make us millionaires, if it had been captured on video and put together as the funniest beat downs ever. Meta encounter and now your beat down, shows just how powerful women can be. Your anger was justified because someone could have been killed and in this case, it was too close for comfort because it could have been you. Glad you are still with us.

January 2, 2014 at 6:52 pm

{{{{{{Chips & Danny}}}}}
        :) :)

• January 2, 2014 at 6:54 pm

We love you madly, Chips, and feel extreme anger and concern hearing about this episode. I can’t imagine how shaken you still must feel. Your impulses are natural but we just want you and Danny to be safe. Be safe. xoxo

• 103 99ts
        January 2, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Glad you are all safe – sometimes sense takes a back seat when we come across the stupid – not always a bad thing.

• 104 theo67
        January 2, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Good to hear your words of wisdom, Chips. Sorry you had to go through the ordeal in the first place. Karma will get that guy in the end.

19. 105 dotster3
    January 2, 2014 at 7:00 pm

The nuttiest nutball in Congress (and it’s a real tough competition), Ia. Rep. Steve King, says he is going to double down on his critics and says they are just like the Duck Dynasty critics. He said Duck Dynasty is all about faith, family and good old American values—–y’all remember the good old American values of hate against gays and blacks, right? In his demented attempt to rally his crazy base, he says he is the last one standing among the chief targets of the evil liberals—–that they want to do to him like they did to poor little Michelle Bachmann and Allen West, his fellow faith, family and good old American values compatriots. He’s nuts. Needs to go. Has a good Dem opponent, who deserves support as we get closer to midterms.

January 2, 2014 at 7:09 pm

If there’s any ‘tee’ left, may I have mint, or camomile, please. Preferably freshly picked mint, if it’s not too much bother. Thanks.

21. 113 0388jojothecat
    January 2, 2014 at 7:10 pm

Chips and Danny so sorry that man freaked out, got in your face, and kicked at Danny. I would contact your local animal control or ASPCA and report what he did. Please do not confront crazies like him I guess you are not in a stand your ground state but there are too many but cases out there.

January 2, 2014 at 7:11 pm

23. January 2, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Greetings to all of TODville and to the new year, 2014. A great year that the Dems will prove the yapping and lazy MSM wrong about whatever the meme of the week is this year when Dems keep control of the Senate and re-instate @SpeakerPelosi when we take back the House from the know-nothing RWNJs.

How cool is it that PBO is golfing with the New Zealand PM?

New Zealand, perhaps the most beautiful place in the world.

Here’s a tweet from June 2013, but it’s a tip of my hat to PM John Key.

January 2, 2014 at 7:19 pm

Dan Ashley also sings :) Multi-talented reporter!

• January 2, 2014 at 7:49 pm

Yeah, our local anchor is also in a rock band! He’s a hoot. He’s plays lots of gigs in the Bay Area and many are charities. Big fan of the Rolling Stones. He’s just also a really kind person.

25. 119 dotster3
    January 2, 2014 at 7:27 pm

Clarence Page is arguing for clemency for Snowden? Said PBO should not only grant him clemency but should send him a thank you note. I just can’t figure out some people.

• 120 utaustinliberal
      January 2, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Baahahahahahaha. I see reporters are still drunk from eggnog.

January 2, 2014 at 7:37 pm

I think what Clarence Page is drinking is alot stronger then eggnog. Plus this is the darn idiot who admitted he was a Duck Dynasty fan. Maybe Page got some moon shine from the Duck gang, cause he sound drunk.

• 122 nospin
      January 2, 2014 at 7:32 pm

not.gonna.happen

• 123 Cindy
      January 2, 2014 at 7:33 pm

Could you believe your ears? That man is insane. How do we tell our children to do the right thing? Oh by the way, if you don’t like your boss, just steal some valuable information from the company and blackmail them. This is insanity at the highest level of common sense. No wonder our young generation are confused about what is ethical. We should let Clarence Page know that his statements represent ignorance. If Snowden was upset, he could have gone through the right channels. You don’t go and steal and then put your country in danger. Let me have a few minutes with him, and a good belt, I will give him clemency.

• 124 99ts
        January 2, 2014 at 8:21 pm

Snowden’s friends didn’t tell him he might end up in Russia – he thought he would be living the good life with GG
        Last I knew – anyone from the western world who fled to Russia was prosecuted as a traitor

• 125 africa
      January 2, 2014 at 7:39 pm

Clarence ought to go take a seat.

• 127 yardarm756
      January 2, 2014 at 7:44 pm

Me either……..Uncle Tom!

• 129 Vicki
      January 2, 2014 at 7:59 pm

This story is impossible for me to understand.
      This Snowflake guy stole our countries secrets—-on purpose—-with a plan to do so. Then he defected to Hong Kong Russia.
      Now he is a hero to NY Times and MSNBC. SMH

• 130 Cindy
        January 2, 2014 at 8:01 pm

What would they have been saying if…….Snowden was black?

• 131 susanne
        January 2, 2014 at 8:06 pm

charles pierce argues today that snowden should be given clemency because ollie north was, and it’s only fair, since north was an actual criminal. really? REALLY? maybe i’m the dim one, but it seems pretty clear to me that snowdowner is a traitor. period.

January 2, 2014 at 7:31 pm

27. January 2, 2014 at 7:32 pm

Good afternoon/evening TOD’ers. I am braving through a 3 day juice cleanse and am half way through the day. I just wanted my body to recover from all the carbs I’ve been eating this Christmas season. I decided this 2014 that I need to take care of myself. So I thought that starting this year with the cleanse is a good way to start.

As always, love the pictures of President Obama. I love coming to this place to find out what is really going on. I am so glad that Chips, Ut, LL, Bobfr, VC, and others, take the time to post information. I use twitter to pass it along as much as I can. Thanks again everyone.

• 143 Cindy
      January 2, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Hi Betsy,
      I am with you on juicing. I am a juicer and I am starting my week long cleanse on Sunday. It does wonders for the mind, body, spirit and soul. I proclaimed 2014 as the year of taking real good care of myself. Juicing is a healing substance that does remarkable things for our bodies. I am looking forward to starting mine. Keep up the good work, the benefits out weighs the discomfort, and it can be discomforting at times as our bodies cleanses it self. Happy New Year!!

• January 2, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Hi Betsy…
      I always wanted to do this…What are you using (if you are ok with telling me)?
      I really need to do something, anything…HELP! :)

January 2, 2014 at 7:48 pm

FYI, Chips … thought of you and Danny!

29. January 2, 2014 at 7:50 pm

GAH, I’m so frustrated at these MSM idiots.

• 147 Cindy
      January 2, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Sadly they do; thread it, and sew everything together to make the world a perfect place, for the repukes to destroy it all over again.

30. 150 susanne
    January 2, 2014 at 8:03 pm

aloha todville
    this was linked for us earlier today (cannot remember who did it, but thank you!). though we don’t usually link to the orange place from here, this is an article you’ll want to read. not only does it lay out how the president succeeded at his major endeavors in 2013, having a splendid (not horrible, worst ever, death-blow) year, but it does it with humor and delightful snark. highly recommended, and again, thanks to whomever we should be thanking! :)

31. January 2, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Our POTUS with Sunny.

January 2, 2014 at 8:34 pm

33. 157 HZ
    January 3, 2014 at 12:57 am

((((((((((((((((((((( Lots of loving hugs to my Chips and my handsome Danny.)))))))))))))))))))))).HZ

I have been lying in a bed with paper work All day. So I am so far behind. Trying to catch up. I love you Chips so much, please be so careful, you and Danny. Rest and relax. Love you so much, Chips. And please take care of yourself and Danny. ()HZ