May

The First Lady Encourages Students To #ReachHigher

4cb3649632150b11530f6a70670072eb

Jennifer R. Lloyd: First Lady Michelle Obama Speaks At UTSA Today

San Antonio’s college-going efforts got a palpable push from first lady Michelle Obama, who spoke Friday at College Signing Day at the University of Texas at San Antonio. Clad in a the t-shirt of her Princeton University alma mater, the first lady told a rowdy crowd of about 2,100 seniors from 37 area high schools at UTSA’s convocation center to look ahead to finishing the college journey they’re embarking upon. “I also want to talk to you about another big day that is on the horizon for you and that is the day you graduate from college,” Obama said. “Reaching a milestone like this means you’ve just raised the bar for yourself.” “Just getting into college isn’t the ultimate goal,” she continued. “You have got to stay focused once you get there and you’ve got to get that degree or that certificate.”

The visit by Obama took its place among her national efforts to promoting the Reach Higher Initiative, which includes helping students understand their college and career options and their financial aid legibility. The effort feeds into the president’s 2020 goal of landing the United States on top of the list of nations with the highest proportion of college graduates. Friday’s event came toward the end of the city’s fourth annual Destination College week, which culminates Saturday with a summit at San Antonio College for high school students to learn about college and scholarship applications and career pathways.

More here

ee9bea1232080a11530f6a7067008fe4

First Lady Michelle Obama speaks to high school students at the University of Texas San Antonio (UTSA), during College Signing Day, an annual celebration of San Antonio high school seniors committing themselves to higher education, in San Antonio, Texas

Video

49b9f32b32190b11530f6a70670024ee

d047d6bb320e0b11530f6a706700a903

San Antonio Mayor Julián Castro and First Lady Michelle Obama greet high school students during College Signing Day

7678d99c32090a11530f6a706700457c

b4367a3f32150b11530f6a70670081a0

First Lady Michelle Obama leads high school students in a pledge for higher education during College Signing Day

KSAT: Michelle Obama Challenges San Antonio Students

First Lady Michelle Obama on Friday joined a growing annual celebration of San Antonio high school seniors who are committing themselves to higher education. Obama was the star attraction as some 2,100 students from 38 high schools around the area participated in “College Signing Day,” part of Mayor Julian Castro’s long-term initiative to improve the area’s high school graduation rates and increase the number of residents with college degrees. She talked about the importance of pursuing and completing some form of higher education.

“While we adults have to do our part, really at the end of the day, the most important person is you,” Obama said. Obama urged students to complete their education beyond high school. “While it’s good news that high school graduation levels are high, we know that in today’s world, it’s simply not enough,” she said. The first lady said she knows the challenges facing today’s higher education students, recalling her days at Princeton, where she attended college. “I learned that the same things that got me through high school would get me through Princeton and law school,” she said. “Those moments when you feel anxious, or insecure, those are the moments when you shape into who you want to be.”

More here

2a025b2032090a11530f6a7067002a3a

c257450131fd0a11530f6a7067008d7b

191 Responses to “The First Lady Encourages Students To #ReachHigher”

1. 1 Proud Former White House Intern
    May 2, 2014 at 7:37 pm

I wore my Morgan State University hoodie very proudly today. I also noticed a Spelman a College shirt on one of FLOTUS’ staff today!

May 2, 2014 at 7:37 pm

VC’s home

3. 12 Nerdy Wonka
    May 2, 2014 at 7:37 pm
  4. 19 donna dem 4 obama
    May 2, 2014 at 7:48 pm
  5. 22 Cindy
    May 2, 2014 at 7:49 pm

HAPPY FRIDAY Nerdy Wonka!

Thank you for the news and beautiful pictures!!!!!

No rest for the weary. Your work is FABULOUSLY AWESOME!

Have a BEAUTIFUL and ENJOYABLE Friday night. Party if you can…….you deserve it : )

6. 24 TrumpDog
    May 2, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Good thing FOX wasn’t covering her speech. They’d have had to cut away because she wasn’t talking about BENGHAZI :/

7. 25 mtmarilyn
    May 2, 2014 at 7:56 pm

It has been a very busy day. I come back to TOD and we have gone over the 25million!!!!! This is so mind boggling fantastic. I still remember back when I came here. Someone from BWD’s blog told us about it. I thought it was great, and then Chips has been here for all of us thru all the ups and downs (many more ups than downs). Everyone here has been a part of keeping all of us sane. Thank you Chips for being there for all of us.

Love those pictures of POTUS and Merkel. All I have been hearing is how bad this visit has been. They sure look like they aren’t getting along.

I posted at the bottom of the last thread so I brought my comment over. Now to go back and read this post!

• May 2, 2014 at 7:59 pm

Thank you Marilyn!!

• May 2, 2014 at 8:43 pm

I 2nd it….Chipsticks, now Danny Boy, all the Blog Tyrannts and all the regulars and lurkers we have a very special place thanks to all of you. Thank you all because I don’t know what I would do if I did not have TOD. With Randi Rhodes leaving the airwaves in the next two weeks I guess I will have to listen to Thom Hartman or search for someone else to get me through the afternoon.

• 28 mtmarilyn
        May 2, 2014 at 10:16 pm

I am going to miss Randi! I like Thom but sometimes he is too much. TOD is our sanity and our place to come for the truth and all the news.

8. 29 JER
    May 2, 2014 at 8:03 pm
  9. 31 anniebella
    May 2, 2014 at 8:03 pm

I listen to FLOTUS speak today and enjoy her as always. I can not say it enough how proud I am that she is our First Lady and her husband is our President.

10. May 2, 2014 at 8:04 pm

Chips, thank you for creating this oasis on the web for Obama supporters. Whenever I see all the negativity on the web about Obama, it’s nice to know that I can come here to this special little place for the good stuff. And apparently 25 million of us feel the same way.
    This is a bigger accomplishment than you realize, Chips. 25 million-no ads, media mentions, or anything. Just word of mouth.

Years ago, the regular media would have covered this stuff, even as a bit on the evening news. It was exciting to view a President’s activities and travels. Now it’s you. And I don’t miss that old coverage at all. Yours is much more detailed and extensive than any 5 minute blurb on tv anyway.

One of the million things I love about Obama is his outreach to the kids. I don’t remember any POTUS caring so much about us kids. Maybe thins would have been different if one of those senile coots had actually tried to get kids to do more and be more.

• 33 jackiegrumbacher
      May 2, 2014 at 9:28 pm

This is so true, Carol. You find as the years go by, that’s there are fewer and fewer reasons to go to any other media because it’s all here–domestic news, presidential speeches and trips, international news,and the most interesting and well-informed commentary on the web. We are all so fortunate that Chips created this place and worked so hard to keep it going.

• 34 HZ
        May 3, 2014 at 2:37 am

So beautifully spoken, Carol and jackiegrumbacher. Thank you for reminding us again for this beautiful haven. HZ

11. May 2, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Happy WHCD Weekend:-)

• 36 Paulita
      May 2, 2014 at 8:42 pm

This is a beautiful picture – the expression on all of their faces … love

• 37 HZ
        May 3, 2014 at 2:34 am

I have always loved this lovely photo. It speaks so many wonderful things to come, did come and will continue to come. Heart is so joyful to be alive sharing with all these little ones of all backgrounds and aspirations. Thanks for sharing it again Kasai. We will always remember that this beautiful soul was ready to become our president and great leader for all of these beautiful little ones as well. HZ

12. 38 andogriff
    May 2, 2014 at 8:44 pm

WOW! Trying (and failing) to keep up, but CONGRATS to Ms Chips, NW (great post by the way!), all the BT’s, and to everyone who comments on TOD…. 25 MILLION!!!!! Fantastic!!! Beautiful milestone! Love to all and good night. (Oh yes, also good news on Danny peeing like a Big Dog, Ms Chips!)

13. May 2, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Congratulations, Chips and NW on achieving such a grand milestone!

TODville seems insatiable, reminds me of that 1980s movie with the robot — can’t remember the name now, it was a comedy, and the robot kept saying, “need input.” LOL.

Thanks to all the junior BTs, which help make this such a well-rounded site, and to everyone who posts links. Thinking especially of Hopefruit, Ladyhawke (thanks for the MSNBC links, which I’ve stopped watching on the TV), Dotster, Desertflower and of course, our resident doctor, Bobfr. Dont mean to exclude anyone, all the info provided by everyone is deeply appreciated.

On to 50 million!

May 2, 2014 at 8:51 pm

//……………………………..

So imagine the distress of Madelynn Taylor, a veteran of the US Navy who was told that she and her spouse, a woman she married outside her home state of Idaho who died in 2012, would be denied burial in the Idaho State Veteran’s Cemetery because they did not have an official Idaho marriage license. Idaho does not permit same sex marriage. In effect, the state was telling her that, despite honorably serving her country, they would not recognize her marriage nor allow the ashes of her beloved spouse to be interred with her in a cemetery officially designated for veterans of the US Armed Forces. Apparently, some veterans are more equal than others in the eyes of the state of Idaho.

One person who heard about this injustice was a retired fellow veteran by the name of Barry Johnson. He served for 27 years and retired from the U.S. Army with the rank of Colonel. On Tuesday, his letter to the editor of the Idaho Statesman was published and here is what he offered her in his letter:
    …………………………….//

• 41 99ts
      May 2, 2014 at 9:00 pm

And this part of his letter – explains the truth of US media

“Frankly, the only thing traumatic about the policy change for our armed forces of allowing gays to openly serve our country was all the media making a big deal about it. It didn’t change a thing for any of us doing the job. Serving in uniform has always been about earning trust and has never been about sexuality.”

May 2, 2014 at 9:15 pm

‘And this part of his letter – explains the truth of US media’

ONE of the many good things about PBO having two terms to serve in the WH, is that his leadership style and person have created more space for more Americans to wake up and see more of what has been hidden beneath the surface for decades and, sometimes, for centuries.

• 43 yardarm756
          May 2, 2014 at 11:24 pm

^^^AMEN, AMEN,and AMEN!

May 3, 2014 at 9:51 am

Howdy sailor! It’s been a while since we’ve sailed pass each other and during that time I see where you’ve notched another year. Felicitations – May this ‘new’ year comprise greater happiness and friendships than you dreamed of!

15. May 2, 2014 at 8:52 pm

For Carolyn and all other John Kerry fans.

Our Secretary of State proves he can multitask (MENA, Ukraine, South Sudan…) without seeking the limelight, unlike a recent SOS who shall remain nameless (but who I am not supporting for Dem nomination to replace the irreplaceable current President).

16. 47 99ts
    May 2, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Many congrats to Chips, NW and the other front pagers for the 25 million. I did sleep through it all being as these events happen at some time during the early hours of my world.

Massive day of news – I’m back to catching up with it all

17. May 2, 2014 at 8:57 pm

And speaking of attention-seeking media hog (saw a reference to McCain as “ubiquitous” on the Sunday morning show circuit):

Can you believe McCain did this when he knew Chancellor Merkel was in town today? Such a showboat, so, so glad he and the crazy Wasillian are NOT in the WH.

German lawmakers fumed Friday over “vicious” criticism by senior US senators of Chancellor Angela Merkel’s stance on Ukraine ahead of talks she will hold with US President Barack Obama.

John McCain, a former Republican candidate for the White House, on Thursday accused Merkel of standing in the way of firmer measures against Russia over its actions in Ukraine due to Berlin’s lucrative business ties with Moscow.

“I would tell her that I am not surprised but embarrassed at their failure of leadership. They’re the leaders, they’re being governed by the industrial complex from Germany,” McCain said.

Republican Senator Jeff Sessions echoed the rebuke, saying there needed to be “a clearer, more focused, more unified position, and Germany is right there in the middle of it.”

The remarks sparked outrage in Berlin, with top-selling newspaper Bild saying McCain had “attacked” Merkel with “crass” comments.
    A leading MP from Merkel’s conservative Christian Democratic Union, Karl-Georg Wellmann, told news website Spiegel Online that McCain’s accusation that industry called the shots for the German government was “vicious nonsense”.

“What we need to do now is keep the peace in Europe and maintain the Western alliance in this difficult situation — this is something the chancellor in particular is doing a lot to achieve,” he said.

• 49 99ts
      May 2, 2014 at 9:17 pm

They are insane in their hate – the US congress has virtually NO standing anywhere in the world (maybe in Russia?) – the new Benghazi! committee has taken the stupid 3 levels higher.

• 50 MightyPamela
      May 2, 2014 at 9:28 pm

Keep right on talking, John-boy. The world knows who you are, and they know who you are NOT. Did he ever get that he lost?

• 51 jackiegrumbacher
      May 2, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Arapaho, this is beyond outrageous on McCain’s part and proves that he is no longer fit to have any public role. We’ve known for a long time that he’s gone off the deep end, but to make these statements when Merkel is working closely with the US and EU to tighten the noose on Russia is outright sabotage on his part. I hope other Eu countries join Germany in condemning him.

May 2, 2014 at 9:41 pm

It’s time for Cindy McCain to see if John need some help. Something is wrong with that man.

• 53 99ts
          May 2, 2014 at 9:50 pm

Never is he seen with Cindy – doubt that she has a major interest in what he says or does.

May 2, 2014 at 10:13 pm

And eff John McCain. Seems to be my only message tonight, but there’s a lot of pivotal points here about the “news” I missed earlier.

Other than that, what a fine Obama evening!

• 55 Obama Grandmama
      May 2, 2014 at 11:04 pm

I do not remember ever witnessing a losing candidate or elected opposition legislator speaking out against the POTUS in foreign affairs. I feel like it is beyond disrespectful to me it is traitorous. It undermines our Country’s foreign policy.

18. May 2, 2014 at 9:04 pm

ICYMI:

19. May 2, 2014 at 9:04 pm

Mrs. O is beautiful in and out. She is a real inspiration. Thanks Chips and all blog tyrants. This is a first class blog site and well deserving of every one of the 25 Mil hits.

20. May 2, 2014 at 9:29 pm

Late and off topic as usual probably, but I’d love, love, LOVE to see Secretary Kerry at maggot-issa’s hearing RIP HIM A NEW…ok doesn’t work he’s a giant one of those. Eviscerate that punk and his remagg ilk. Remember Kerry’s 2012 convention speech?

• 61 99ts
      May 2, 2014 at 9:54 pm

And it’s not like Sec Kerry has anything else to do – as there is not much happening in the world at the minute that needs his attention.
      The US congress is a train wreck – and every democrat therein should be screaming that all over the country.

• May 2, 2014 at 10:12 pm

So true 99ts. And his INTELLECT compared to……………………………well I think it would be huge fun! And YES we all know he would do the evisceartion in a totally NON-PARISAN way!!

May 2, 2014 at 11:17 pm

If our people don’t come out to vote 2014, then they must be satisfied with the Tea Republicans. If the Republicans had fought as hard for jobs as they have fought to get rid of Obamacare, the unemployment rate would be at 4%. The only only Benghazi scandal is in the Republicans racists head.

21. May 2, 2014 at 9:29 pm

I’m late to the celebration, but the let me congratulate Chips for providing this wonderful forum and reaching 25+ million hits. What an accomplishment!!

fireworks photo: Fireworks 11r3scl.gif

Thank you for allowing me to contribute my own perspective on current events….for entrusting the other wonderful BT’s to take some the weight off your shoulders….. and keeping this unstoppable train rolling full steam ahead… 24/7. There are so many thoughtful, delightful, people who encompass this worldwide community at TOD, and each and every one brings something special to the table.

We are all so fortunate having this safe haven of unfiltered access/news to the daily grind of the Obama administration, and it all started with you.

CHEERS >-I >-I >-I

22. 71 jackiegrumbacher
    May 2, 2014 at 9:49 pm

I wonder if we will ever know how many lives our First Lady has influenced with all of her initiatives. There’s no doubt that she’ll inspire thousands and thousands of young people to reach for college who might otherwise not have dared. She will permanently affect those lives for the better and that will, in turn, affect their children. She’s already made a huge difference in the lives of military families, helped to reverse the growing rate of childhood obesity and inspired countless young women to see themselves in a more positive light. She is one of the very few FLOTUSES in memory who has made such a profound and visible difference in the real world. It’s almost as if she committed to her husband to help model ‘change we can believe’ and then did everything in her power to keep that promise.

23. May 2, 2014 at 9:51 pm

CBS News, caved like a folding chair tonight via the Heritage(Jim Demint) Foundation…..

They were actually responsible and didn’t cover the fake Benghazi crap the last two days…..Then tonight after all the RW sites cried “liberal bias” they had Nancy Cordes, do a full Sharyll Atkinson *story* and to top it off.. at the end of the segment Scott Pelley gave his viewers an “Editor disclaimer” (Ben Rhodes is the brother of CBS News President David Rhodes)……this story was ahead of the jobs reportt…. pathetic. For what it is worth…. ABC was all Jon Karl gibberish the last two nights, and nothing tonight. NBC, three nights….all over it. So sad :(

24. May 2, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Good stuff from Harry Reid’s former Communication Director:

May 2, 2014 at 9:56 pm

Okay, I’m working on the theory that since I missed this this morning (in the R & S), others did too. So here is the repeat of FLOTUS explaining again why she trusts POTUS.

26. 79 carolyn
    May 2, 2014 at 9:59 pm

Thanks for all the news today. I’ll see everyone tomorrow, after we get home from seeing the grandkids.

27. May 2, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Ahhhh…….the former “loyal soldier”………..serving the President of the United States.

May 2, 2014 at 10:16 pm

Sooo, how did the party go last night? How many heads glasses were breaked?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

May 2, 2014 at 10:20 pm
  30. 86 JER
    May 2, 2014 at 10:25 pm
    May 2, 2014 at 10:36 pm
      May 2, 2014 at 10:57 pm

Thank you for that find, amk. Please, all, let’s R/T the hell out of this!

• 89 Obama Grandmama
      May 2, 2014 at 11:12 pm

AGREED!

• May 3, 2014 at 2:12 am

Important ….

“Did Ukraine Outfox Putin With Its Offensive In Slovyansk?”

The world was shocked by the Ukrainian President’s sensational May 1 admission that Ukraine had “lost control” of eastern Ukraine. Pundits and the press declared “game over.” Ukraine has lost the war for the eastern half of its country. I was puzzled: Why would a head of state admit defeat in the midst of war?

Today, we may have an answer: The Ukrainian government wanted to lull the Russia’s covert operators in their command and control center of Slovyansk in eastern Ukraine into a sense of false confidence. Although supposedly infiltrated from top to bottom, the Ukrainian military and intelligence services caught Slovyansk by surprise, at least in terms of the magnitude and ferocity of the attack.

Slovyansk is the Russian command and control center for the whole of Eastern Ukraine, headed by a high-ranking colonel of special ops forces. It is the epicenter of kidnapping, political murders, and intimidation. The international observer hostages are held in Slovyansk.

clip

It appears that Ukraine has decided to call Putin’s bluff. He must invade or lose his “cheap” covert war.”

Love the way our Ambassador Power cornered Churkin during the #UNSC meeting that Russia called …

• May 3, 2014 at 2:19 am

Ugh! This was supposed to be at the bottom of this thread. Have no idea how this happens.

Will just note that at the time stamp of this comment Ukraine’s anti-terrorist actions appear to be ongoing and robust, and not just in Slovyansk.

good night TOD and congratulations, once again, to Chips and the entire, magnificent TOD community!!!

May 2, 2014 at 10:45 pm

US President Barack Obama plans to ask Attorney General Eric Holder to investigate problems surrounding the application of the death penalty.

The US leader’s announcement comes just days after a botched execution in Oklahoma drew widespread attention.

Mr Obama called inmate Clayton Lockett’s prolonged death earlier this week from an improperly delivered lethal injection “deeply troubling”.

The president said he has conflicting feelings regarding the death penalty.

“This situation in Oklahoma I think just highlights some of the significant problems,” Mr Obama told reporters.

Americans should “ask ourselves some difficult and profound questions around these issues”, he added.

Mr Obama, trained as a lawyer, said the death penalty is warranted in some cases – including child and mass murder – but its application in the US is problematic.

• 93 99ts
      May 3, 2014 at 1:58 am

I wonder – does he really believe in “legal murder” – or does he just not want to go down that path with the wingnuts.

To me the death penalty is morally wrong – and every Christian in America should agree.

• 94 aquagranny911
        May 3, 2014 at 3:09 am

I am in full agreement with you that the death penalty is morally wrong. I think PBO feels the same way but he is a legal scholar who knows that too many states here have the death penalty. This issue is a mine field. If he spoke out strongly against at this time the “wingnuts” would go ballistic & dig in on this issue to the point that we could not have rational dialogue.

Many people are horrified at what happened in Oklahoma, even those who may have thought the death penalty was a good thing to stop crime & bring justice. PBO’s measured approach on this issue will allow people to debate & examine their own souls on this issue. This is not over by any means.

• 95 99ts
          May 3, 2014 at 5:07 am

He is amazing how he can approach any situation – regardless as to whether or not he was expecting the question and give a valid and balanced answer.

I appreciate your response. Those of us who live in countries where the death penalty disappeared over 50 years ago hope that the same can happen in the US. It seems this may happen for reasons other than the morality of the sentence – but the reason is not important if the outcome is the same.

33. May 2, 2014 at 10:49 pm

I am behind the thread as I just skipped ahead to add a comment from an earlier thread here. I just want to say that I too appreciate this blog, Chips and the I will call us members. The posts are informative, timely, respectful, and help me feel included as a staunch Obama supporter even on the days that I only have time to read the posts. Thanks, Chips. Thanks fellow posters.

• 98 Cindy
      May 2, 2014 at 11:55 pm

Amk for Obama,

I just love your pictures. Never fails to make me smile or laugh, this is just too freaking cute for words.

Happy Saturday!!!!!

May 2, 2014 at 11:13 pm
    May 2, 2014 at 11:14 pm
  36. 103 MightyPamela
    May 2, 2014 at 11:22 pm

7,181 hits, on top of the 25M… In one day! What a place! Over and out, thank you everyone, and I mean everyone, for Being!

37. 104 Cindy
    May 2, 2014 at 11:53 pm

Lawdy,

I let my curiosity get the best of me. Yahoo has story about Clinton’s running mate and I had to peep…..WHY! News media promoting Bill Clinton as VP because he has more experience than anyone and could run the country; Americans supports him by a margin of 2//3, so says Yahoo.

No doubt, these two people are being pushed down our throats, 2017 came and went and I never got a chance to vote. Clinton VP, why even bother, Democrats don’t have a chance against the machine. This whole thing is about Bill Clinton coming back and finishing his job. Hillary may be the President but Bill will run the country.

I am mad at myself for peeping in, yes, I knew better. Now, I can’t sleep : (

Sweet Dreams TOD!!!

• 105 amk for obama
      May 3, 2014 at 12:09 am

Yeah, clinton-clinton redux is so much better than clinton redux. /smh

May 3, 2014 at 12:12 am

Oh for shit sakes. They’e going to implode all over themselves. I don’t even flipping care about anything more than 2014…I don’t care WHAT DAMN DEM they elect in 2016…won’t mean jack if the loony ass Republicans control Congress! GOTV and get the crazy asses outta there!

May 3, 2014 at 12:16 am

If that ever becomes the ticket, they will never win, and we can kiss our country goodbye.

• 110 99ts
      May 3, 2014 at 2:07 am

g’nite Cindy. sleep well – only reason the media talks about the Clintons is cause President Obama is doing everything that a President should do – and the media can’t cope with a smart, intelligent, family oriented black guy.

May 3, 2014 at 12:05 am

This just makes me grin from ear to ear…thanks, Smartypants….holy shit. I just LOVE this man:)

May 3, 2014 at 12:06 am
    May 3, 2014 at 12:09 am

It’s been a great day:) Great day!! Hugs to all my TOD family….

May 3, 2014 at 12:21 am
    • 118 99ts
      May 3, 2014 at 2:10 am

None of them can think farther ahead than next week amk – so no they are quite sure Boehner would take over

• 119 Nena20409
      May 3, 2014 at 11:08 am

Yes. They know. Their aim here is twofold.

Restore the WH with The White VP Biden is their preference.

Then with VP Biden as POTUS it will further divide Dems in their pathetic minds in 2016 should HRC run.

TBGOPers are politically savvy and their Goal is to win and obtain power.

May 3, 2014 at 12:33 am
    May 3, 2014 at 12:36 am
  44. 122 Dudette
    May 3, 2014 at 12:41 am

Alright you bunch old fogeys… this place is s’posed to be BUMPIN’ — WHERE DA PARTY AT?!!!!

May 3, 2014 at 12:42 am

LOL.

May 3, 2014 at 12:47 am
    May 3, 2014 at 12:50 am
  48. 135 Dudette
    May 3, 2014 at 12:52 am

Ahem! Is anybody out there dancin’ besides me? :-D

May 3, 2014 at 1:11 am

Which reminded me of these guys:)

May 3, 2014 at 1:13 am

How about some Sly?… :)

• 147 Dudette
      May 3, 2014 at 1:20 am

Aw, dang! I didn’t realize this would have that abrupt cut at the end. Sorry about that. Hope no one got injured! :-)

May 3, 2014 at 1:16 am

OOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhh…

May 3, 2014 at 1:18 am

Required Isley Bros :)

May 3, 2014 at 1:19 am

amk hates when we do this, Dudette:) He should be happy that we’re still awake…99, you here??

May 3, 2014 at 1:25 am

Dare you not to move it!

May 3, 2014 at 1:36 am

Can’t forget THIS!!

May 3, 2014 at 1:41 am

That’s it for me for the night! Sweet dreams, y’all.

57. 180 Dudette
    May 3, 2014 at 1:43 am

Weird. Last couple of things I tried to post, aren’t showing up. Am I banned or something? :-)

May 3, 2014 at 1:45 am

Night. Thanks, girl:) We got it done:) Party on, TOD!!

59. 184 Dudette
    May 3, 2014 at 1:48 am

Okay, all of a sudden, the blog won’t post my comments. Don’t know what happened. I guess I should take that as a sign that I should go to bed.
    It was fun! :-)

May 3, 2014 at 2:19 am
  61. May 3, 2014 at 7:13 am

I guess everyone is still sleeping. G’morning TOD!! :)

• 187 jackiegrumbacher
      May 3, 2014 at 7:44 am

I’m awake, Hf. Peeking in before a day of preparation and celebration. Grandbaby arrives today, son is already here and we’re going to have a fun and busy day. Hope all is well on your end. I’ve given up trying to keep close track of what’s going on and am just going for the highlights when I have minute to spare. Have a great day!

May 3, 2014 at 7:49 am

G’morning Jackie! Must be super exciting preparing for the Grandbaby – hope you all have a lovely time together. Do keep us posted on how it went! :)

• 189 mtmarilyn
      May 3, 2014 at 7:58 am

Good morning TOD. Looks like Dudette and Desertflower partied last night while we were all sleeping. It’s Sat morning and everyone is still sleeping. I’ll check in later.

62. 191 globalcitizenlinda