May

blown away…

CBS: Colin Powell told graduates of South Carolina’s premier historically black university that they were graduating during a tumultuous time that saw a royal wedding, the beatification of a pope, and a U.S. military assault that killed Osama bin Laden, “the worst person on earth”.

But the former secretary of state and Joint Chiefs chairman told the 400 graduates of South Carolina State University that he particularly enjoyed another event of the past week: “That was when President Obama took out his birth certificate and blew away Donald Trump and all the birthers!”

The stadium and its 400 graduates roared in appreciation of Powell’s comments on the president’s move last week to quell the doubts expressed by those who haven’t believed that he was born in Hawaii…..

44 Responses to “blown away…”

1. 1 Marlz
    May 8, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I love this picture!

2. 2 vitaminlover
    May 8, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Amen, Col. Powell. We know that our beloved President is an American and a darn good one at that!!

3. 7 Dorothy Rissman
    May 8, 2011 at 1:55 pm

I would love to have heard him defends and praise Obama. Also, it would be great to hear the students appreciating his comments.

4. 8 Debz
    May 8, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Thank you Colin Powell for standing with our President.

This is way off topic , but does anyone know what’s going on with obamafoodorama? Is she changing her site?

5. 12 Barb
    May 8, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Hi everybody. I am very happy that Colin is such a great role-model with the graduaters. You know Dorothy, I think the students read through the lines of appreciation that he has for Our President. Everyone have a great Mother’s Day even if you aren’t moms. I am sure you have been a mom to some child in your life by showing kindness to them.

This is off topic but the only way I can reach out to everyone. Someone has messed with my computer so Chips if you are getting any crazy e-mails from me, I am not sending them. It is so messed up I got an e-mail from Chuck Todd and Jay Carney at the WH, from NZ, Australia, England, and other reporters that I dislike. I am not fooling. I think I fixed it but just in case. If Chuck Todd e-mails you, don’t open it.

• 13 Dorothy Rissman
      May 8, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Barb, it is so nice to see you. As I remember, you lost a child and husband, right? You are so kind and sincere, I bet you were a great wife and mother. A big hug for you.

Wow. I hope it is fixed now. thx

• 14 barb
        May 9, 2011 at 3:16 am

Oh sweet Dorothy, thank you so much for the kind comments. I am sure you are in bed but I am sending this along anyway in case you catch it tomorrow. Yes, I lost a 21 yr old son because of a drunk driver and my husband died of Agent Orange from Vietnam in 2003. It’s hard but I have a loving son amd daughter and 4 great grandchildren and we keep ouselves happy. Three of them are younger and you just can’t be upset when they are so full of energy and fun. We laugh alot and spend fun times together and my kids each live within several miles from my home. I have lots of true frienships also…….who were all calling me from everywhere saying, “Barb, now I know you are not sending me these e-mails. You better check this out and opened it up and ohhhh mercy. I even had a friend (repug–grrrrr but good friend) who woke me up this morning telling me he thinks things are ok with the computer because he hasn’t gotten any the last several days. He would love to open them up since they some were from Republicans. lol

Dorothy, I know you said your son is in NY and called you when Obama was there. It’s nice to keep intouch. He sounds like a great son.

Thank you for your kindness and to everyone here at TOD…….the best place our dear Chips gives us to keep on top of things and put our brains together for 2012. My donation is coming tomorrow Chips. Good nite all……as if you aren’t all sleeping by now. 🙂 Sending warm energies your way and praying that God blesses each and everyone of you.

6. 15 Barb
    May 8, 2011 at 2:34 pm

my eyes are bad so just ignore all my typos. I am not going to correct the errors with another message any more.

7. 16 Debz
    May 8, 2011 at 2:34 pm

I would be horrified if I got an e-mail from Chuck Todd

8. 19 Fred
    May 8, 2011 at 2:38 pm

thank you for standing up for the President;Colonel Powell

9. 21 sherijr
    May 8, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Hello all~ I just want to wish all of you a Happy Mother’s Day~ a lovely day with your loved ones, enjoy 🙂

10. 22 theboysisters
    May 8, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Look at this awesome blast from the past. This is immediately after then-State Sen. Obama’s DNC speech…

• 23 Debz
      May 8, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Wow, that was unbelievable! Thanks for bringing us that video.

• 24 Marlz
      May 8, 2011 at 4:48 pm

that brought back so many memories!!

• 25 dotster
      May 8, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Oooooh, I remember that stunning event. That’s when a good chunk of the country, including me, turned to the person next to them and said, “There’s the next President of the United States.”

11. 26 Jessica
    May 8, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Colin Powell and I may have our difference but I respect him as a intelligent black man and following his head and heart and voicing his support for Barack back in 2008.

12. 27 kasai
    May 8, 2011 at 3:06 pm

I wanted to share this Article on Irish Times…About our President’s mom….

(I am still emotional made me cry)

Single mother’s love greatest blessing for future US president

• 28 kelly
      May 8, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Great article thanks for posting. I had declared I would not purchase any third party books pertaining to the Obamas but I think I will buy this one.

13. 29 Hachikō
    May 8, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Popping in to wish all the beautiful & strong TOD mothers a very happy mothers day. I hope your day is filled with love and lots of pampering. 🙂

14. 30 kasai
    May 8, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Ann Dunham died of uterine cancer a year before her son was first elected to state office in Illinois. She was incredibly proud of him since childhood, boasting to friends, “my son is so bright, he can do anything he ever wants in the world, even be president of the United States.”

When Dunham later told a younger Indonesian journalist with whom she had a long romance that her son was graduating from Harvard Law School, he said, “okay, so he wants to be president”. To his surprise, she burst into tears.

15. 34 kelly
    May 8, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Former SOS Powell is the only Republican I would even contemplate voting for after our dear POTUS Obama has completed his second term. I am also noting how same as they do with President Obama, MSM seems to have a problem giving this man his due title. Yes they fixed it in the second paragraph but I have noticed most MSM calls him Mr. or just Colin Powell yet they never miss a chance to say Governor Palin (frigging half term quitter) or President Bush (former potus (fail boat one) would do)imo.

16. May 8, 2011 at 4:10 pm

After the Twin Towers collapse, it was always so comforting when Colin Powell came on the TV to talk about it, reassure Americans, make sense out that attack. I remember wishing that he were our president — a calm fatherly figure at the helm.

I’m still furious at the people who sent him out there with such a garbled message about Saddam having weapons of mass destruction, that he later had to walk back. It ruined the reputation of a truly moral man.

17. 36 Asher in Boston
    May 8, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Thank you AGAIN, General Collin Powell for having the President’s back. You are the Only Republican I can stand to listen to or respect. Period.

18. 37 Ann_T
    May 8, 2011 at 5:59 pm

Way to go Gen. Powell!

Chipsticks, Is that a recent picture of PBO and Gen. Powell?

19. 38 kelly
    May 8, 2011 at 6:10 pm

I think it was during the START treaty drama back in Dec. The former SOS came to visit POTUS and urged Congress to pass the START treaty asap. He is a good man and a great mentor to our POTUS.

20. 39 anniebella
    May 8, 2011 at 6:10 pm

I’m so glad Gen. Powell said what he said about blowing away Trump and tha birthers. Because both of them needed to be blown away.

21. 40 luci1119
    May 8, 2011 at 6:29 pm

The above picture gives the Impression, IMO, *BIG BROTHER, Little BROTHER*, Sitting, Chitting, Chatting and Chewing the Fat 🙂 It’s a nice Picture, I like It.

22. 41 M
    May 8, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Oh this is delightful news! I have always felt SOS Powell was crossed by the Bush administration. I did not blame him and I always felt sorry he was put in that position. Glad to hear he is taking a stand and being vocal about the birther garbage.

23. 42 HZ
    May 9, 2011 at 12:24 am

I concur with you on this one M. I have a great respect for Gen. Powell. I hope he will also live to write several books about his relationship with this President. Also Kasai, I just received my copy of the book: “A Singular Woman;”, and it is great so far. I think it will be a great read. The writer took off from the NYT for 2 years to do the reserch for the book. From the looks of it, the book seem to be well documented. Enjoy.

• 43 M
      May 9, 2011 at 12:40 am

HZ send me the book when you’re done! 😉 I am joking and will just need to buy my own copy! HZ you are a complete joy! Thank you for spreading the love.

24. 44 Montana
    May 9, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Our president had already showed his US birth Certificate to;

1. Get a Passport; http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2008/03/20/obamas_passport_files_hacked/

2. Become a US Senator;

I feel sorry for all the little Birthers, It’s not their fault; it’s your families’ fault that taught you that you were better than other people based on race, creed ethnicity, color, nationality or sex, in short they engrained in you their hate (what a legacy).

But you know at some point you need to grow up and act like an adult and think for yourself and distinguish what is true and what is BS.

But there is where the little Birthers find yourself because we all know it was never about a birth certificate or grades, because we all know you want to go around wearing white sheets, burn crosses and hang people who are not like you, we know that your growth is stunted in your hate, and hate is what this is all about, you will never win anymore, and I feel sorry for all of you.

I can only imagine when our President is re-elected what you phonies will lie about next. Oh, and just know, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it’s a duck, the little Birthers are a bunch of racists!

@POTUS