Oct

A Word For Shaun King

I think we all have a sense of doom about the prospects of justice in the case of the murder of Michael Brown.

And when/if the day comes that we’re told the police officer who murdered this unarmed teenager will face no charges, it will burn in to the soul.

So, so, so deeply.

It won’t surprise us, but it will leave us in despair.

Emotions are, then, raw enough, so to see self-promoting opportunists try to feed off this pain is just a little too much.

Opportunists who don’t give a **** about Michael Brown or his family and friends left behind, just attention-seeking whores using this outrage to gain themselves a profile.

I’ll trust that Shaun King doesn’t fall in to that category, I’ll trust that his passion is sincere.

I have no clue whether or not his investigative work on this murder is reliable, but I’ll take it that it is.

And if it is accurate, it’s been brilliant.

Many of you would have read his series of tweets debunking claims about Michael Brown being a ‘threat’ to Darren Wilson by analyzing the distances between them at every stage of their ‘confrontation’. It was a mesmerizing analysis, one that utterly exposed Team Wilson’s lies.

And he’s been relentless on this case, and deserves credit for that.

But?

See this:

That’s a real tweet. Honest.

Although, he seemed to suffer from memory loss….

And then he linked to, of all people, Ezra Klein – who would understand as much about racism and life in Ferguson as Sarah Palin knows about Syria:

And this:

So, forgive me if I sniff an agenda.

(That he’s just been signed up by Daily Kos, the site dedicated to deflating Dem voter turnout, says a bunch)

So, what’s the story Shaun King?

Why are you using the murder of Michael Brown to attack the President and his party ahead of the 2014 elections?

There are, most certainly, Democrats in Ferguson, not least Jay Nixon, who need to be held to account on this, and ****ed out of office, but really Shaun King, really?

President Obama, his administration, and the Democratic Party as a whole are your chief culprits in all of this?

You are having a ****ing laugh.

Time and again King concludes a session of tweets on Michael Brown by suggesting the President is the one at whom you should direct your rage.

Not the man who murdered Michael.

Not those who have enabled and shielded Wilson.

Not members of the media who have pushed Team Wilson’s lies (has Jake Tapper apologized for ‘Josie’ yet?).

Not Wilson’s dollar-donating cheerleaders.

The President.

The same President who has done everything he could possibly and reasonably do without interfering, as he cannot do, in the legal process, by sending the DoJ, FBI and AG Holder to Ferguson, and having them all do what they can to ensure a proper investigation.

And if that’s not enough to ensure justice, it won’t be PBO’s fault – it will be down to a Grand Jury that is not willing to make a white police officer accountable for murdering an unarmed African American teenager.

So Shaun, get yourself a clue.

We see you.

If the President had visited Ferguson after Michael’s murder, you would have been the first to accuse him of a pre-election photo op.

‘Obama tries to fix his Katrina!1!1!’

No one responded better to these fools than @Only4RM

Twitter is full of the usual morons who reckon the President should have marched in to Ferguson and personally arrested Wilson, but just laugh at their ignorance, they couldn’t even spell ‘law’.

Shaun King should be better than that, but…..

One last thing, Shaun King.

Don’t ever lecture this President, or his family, on racism.

If you lived forever, you wouldn’t experience a 100th of what they have endured.

81 Responses to “A Word For Shaun King”

October 4, 2014 at 12:03 am

dkos = the bridge where the racist trolls meet.

October 4, 2014 at 12:08 am

3. 6 MadameSoph
    October 4, 2014 at 12:11 am

Thank you Chips.

4. October 4, 2014 at 12:14 am

Thanks, Chips. Now it’s night-night for me.

5. 12 sjterrid
    October 4, 2014 at 12:15 am

Unbelievable!

Congratulations on first, Amk.

6. October 4, 2014 at 12:16 am

Ok folks, stayed up long enough to read Chips’ post, and I’m wiped. See y’all tomorrow. There may be a new essay on #Daesh and the Just War justification for eradicating it from earth.

7. 16 sabreen60
    October 4, 2014 at 12:17 am

Chips, I’m still holding my breath waiting for the outcome and hoping for justice for Michael. It’s hard to stomach the crap that some of these people spew. Thanks for writing this.

8. 17 EricFive
    October 4, 2014 at 12:17 am

Great post Chips. Excellent job of calling out King’s nonsense. He is a transparent propagandist. Clear example that the marching orders of the msm is find a way to disparage PBO and deflate democrats. It is INSANE to try to twist the sad fate of Michael Brown into an attack on PBO. Same as the weird attempt to harm PBO politically via the Secret Service calamity. The Secret Service is there to protect PBO and his family, the failure of the Secret Service would only harm PBO and his family. How can a rational person attempt to blame PBO for this fiasco? How can a rational person attempt to drag PBO and democrats into the Michael Brown tragedy? The answer is that a rational person cannot do these things. Only a desperate propagandist would stoop to these levels to obtain partisan goals. The shoe fits Shaun King.

October 4, 2014 at 12:36 am

I’m tired & sleepy, but I just had to read this post. Thanks Chips for so brilliantly putting Mr. King in his proper place – I do hope he reads this and devotes some time to self-reflection. He seems to have gotten WAY ahead of himself. He needs to learn some hard lessons – FAST.

10. 19 FoxfireTX
    October 4, 2014 at 12:45 am

Chips, I feel your rant in my soul. But I have to say this. If, which I assume is coming, the grand jury does not come down with an indictment, it is unfair to blame them. They are charged with reviewing the evidence presented to them and determining if there is probable cause for the charges requested by the prosecutor. If you have a prosecutor who is not requesting charges, you’re not going to see an indictment. This just points out how absolutely wrong it is for McCullough to be “prosecuting” this case, which of course he is NOT doing. The definition of “prosecute” is to institute legal proceedings against a person. McCullough has already stated that is NOT what he is doing. That essentially leaves the grand jury blowing in the wind. It is sad beyond belief given everything else that has happened in Ferguson. Keep in mind that unlike a regular trial, there is NO judge or other authority figure in the grand jury room. It is the members of the grand jury and the prosecutor. I suspect the grand jury will simply have no idea what to do if no charges are requested by the prosecution. When I hear the BS coming out of McCullough’s mouth and see his smirk, it could almost drive me to violence. If anyone in MO had a set, they would file charges against him with the State Bar Association although I suspect the entire state is run by the same machine. Utterly disgusting.

11. 20 Shaun King
    October 4, 2014 at 1:05 am

You are being asked to login because shaun@100lifegoals.com is used by an account you are not logged into now.

By logging in you’ll post the following comment to A Word For Shaun King:
    Thanks for your thoughts. Do we know each other? I’ve been an enormous, ride or die Obama supporter for a decade. I volunteered for his campaign in Georgia, gave financially, and have defended him publicly and privately at great length.

I’m all for discourse, but you have a few errors here.

I never said that Ferguson was Obama’s Katrina. The tweet you quoted was over 45 days old. At that point, the President hadn’t sent Holder or the DOJ and the government was virtually silent and the ugliness of the police was growing worse daily.

When I wrote that tweet I meant it. Since then, though, the President has made a few remarks about Ferguson and sent Holder. It is not his Katrina.

Next, you suggest that I criticize him in everything I do. That is patently false.

In my most viewed posts on this, Obama is never mentioned ::

Finally, my argument today isn’t that Obama is responsible. That’s outrageous. Out of the 125 tweets I wrote he has almost nothing to do with them. Far from it. I was communicating that the politics of the entire situation are tricky on several levels, and they are. It’s a real mess on every level.

Finally, when did I say that he doesn’t know anything about racism? Also, don’t demean what I know and have experienced myself in my lifetime.

I respect the President. I’m friends with men and women who work for him now and worked for him in the past. He’s always open to critical thinking and particularly welcomes it from those who actually support him. That’s me.

Take care,

Shaun

October 4, 2014 at 1:12 am

13. 22 taiping1
    October 4, 2014 at 1:22 am

Interesting tweet in response. Chip’s instincts are unerring.

October 4, 2014 at 2:47 am

October 4, 2014 at 3:13 am

Goodnight, TODville. Here’s a laugh!

16. 28 susanne
    October 4, 2014 at 6:10 am

i’m looking forward to many significant monuments being named for our great president. a beach sounded trivial to me at first, but in hawaii, these natural places are revered and this re-naming is considered an honor, both to the stretch of shoreline and to our native son.

• October 4, 2014 at 6:25 am

susanne, I LOVE this idea! I think PBO would love it, too. He seems so happy when he’s in that water and it’s such a natural and beautiful place, perfect to capture his spirit. Thanks for sharing!

17. October 4, 2014 at 6:22 am

STANDING O, CHIPS!
    STANDING O
    STANDING O

18. October 4, 2014 at 7:36 am

Agree Meta,

A standing O from O

19. October 4, 2014 at 8:16 am

Flashback of a great moment:

• October 4, 2014 at 8:29 am

With every picture we see, I just imagine all the themed pictorial books that will be published after the President has left office. Imagine walking through his Presidential Library reliving the speeches, recalling moments from the photos. Will one library even be enough to archive PBO’s life and presidency?

• October 4, 2014 at 8:42 am

It’s going to be mind-boggling!! I’ve never seen a man accomplish so much in such a toxic environment, a testament to his strength and good will to do what’s right for the nation.

I tweeted this photo as a subtle reminder to the Latino community that PBO has been in this fight for a long while and respects those who came before him. I’m really happy that many of them RT’d it.

• October 4, 2014 at 8:46 am

🙂 That’s great about the RT’s. Who knows, maybe that will the push needed for *someone(s)* to GOTV.

October 4, 2014 at 8:57 am

Morning Meta, how are *you* these days?

I was looking through your time line yesterday to get some info to retweet to this ‘person’ below, but couldn’t find what I was looking for (not sure exactly what I wanted). Specifically, I hated this person’s SPECIFIC reference to the White House and Pres O, with no reference I saw to the GOP!! Will you help by sending the ‘person’ some relevant rebuttal (I know you already have some because I know this is an interest of yours). I have to go drop off my teenager in a little bit and will come back to the effort later, just wanted to enlist some help.

This is what I found and shared so far.

October 4, 2014 at 9:01 am

Ooooo, I got the dreaded red ribbon – ‘comment is awaiting moderation’! Eat your heart out Amk; I’m now up there with Bobfr, and LPlains! 😀 😀

• October 4, 2014 at 9:42 am

vc, here are some of my past tweets on the subject. Hope this answers your question.

There’s also this that Kat posted yesterday:

After of whole month of recuperation, I’m feeling almost human again. I don’t have pain and my breathing is much better. I can now walk several city blocks without a whole lot of shortness of breath but I get tired pretty easily. It may take another few weeks before I’m much better. I still have some tests to undergo with a cardiologist to see if there’s any extra fluid regarding the pericarditis and a pulmonary specialist to see if the pneumonia is all cleared up. This is all due to a very bad virus, so I hope all TODers take really good care out there this winter. Thanks for asking, vc!

October 4, 2014 at 1:42 pm

Appreciate the update, and am glad to hear of your progress – keep taking good care of *our* Meta!

TYVM for the link re deportation. Just got back on line, so will try to catch up in the village before checking to see if that ‘deportation missile’ with her sights on PBO has realized yet where she out to target her criticism/appeal.

20. October 4, 2014 at 8:30 am

Well said about Shaun King… I will share

21. 51 jackiegrumbacher
    October 4, 2014 at 8:39 am

Chips, the last line of this essay is one for the ages. “If you lived forever, you wouldn’t experience 100th of what they (the President and Mrs.O) have endured.” Truer words were never spoken. Brava!!!!

October 4, 2014 at 8:44 am

morning toddys.

October 4, 2014 at 8:44 am

24. 57 japa21
    October 4, 2014 at 8:47 am

Excellent Chips. To be honest, I don’t know much about the estimable Mr. King. But what I now know is all I need to know. He is a blowhard who has way too high an opinion of his intellect and worth. He may have done a good job, as you say, in getting details out there, but that does not make him a worthwhile human being. He is, in fact, the real description of “intellectually lazy”.

And have I told you how much I hate this winter, as I look outside and see snowflakes.

October 4, 2014 at 8:59 am

Winter AGAIN? Japa it seemed like just a few weeks ago you saying that you were tired of the winter —and we who reside in the North East regions were agreeing with you.

I can’t believe it’s flurrying in the Midwest…it’s barely October for Christ’s sake!

• October 4, 2014 at 9:01 am

And California is in the middle of a HEAT WAVE. AARGH.

October 4, 2014 at 9:06 am

Come north and east, Meta. We don’t mind sharing our cool temps. [I sent you a comment earlier but WordP is vetting it currently, I think. Anyhoo, I’ll check back on my return if you got it or not. Gotta run now.]

October 4, 2014 at 9:04 am

Morning, Japa. Get a load of this I sent out previously – you and I think alike! 😉 😉 😀

October 4, 2014 at 8:53 am

26. 63 globalcitizenlinda
    October 4, 2014 at 9:08 am

there are two additional things that have always bothered about the people like Prof Dyson and other Black Academics who were loudest about PBO and Ferguson:

(a) did ANY of these black-than-thou ever even visit Ferguson themselves or even donate to the people who are doing the hard work on the ground of finding justice for Mike Brown?

(b) since these experts on race relations and the law “understand” and “practice” it more brilliantly than PBO, then WHY don’t they:-

(i) use their media platforms to explain this to the broader diverse population;

(ii) go to these areas/families that have faced these un-justices or police brutality and offer FREE legal and PR expertise to the families so that these families legal teams can put up a stellar defense of their murdered children against structural biases and uninformed public opinions;

if I am not mistaken, the majority of these PBO-criticizing race-experts just remain in their Ivory Towers or plush media studios and pontificate

• 64 Don
      October 4, 2014 at 9:23 am

Global, there are only two people that have put their asses on the line by showing up at places like Ferguson. That would be Rev Al and Rev Jackson. The rest of the soul-patrol want to sit in staff lounges and talk about what should be done. And if these blackademics think Hillary got something for their asses they got another thing coming.

October 4, 2014 at 9:11 am

October 4, 2014 at 9:13 am

October 4, 2014 at 9:13 am

30. 72 globalcitizenlinda
    October 4, 2014 at 9:14 am

oh dear, we are having a strong hail storm – all ground is covered like it is with snow in the winter;

I hope the farmers in this corn and soy-beans belt had already harvested their crop

31. October 4, 2014 at 9:19 am

Another thing that irks me about these “academics”…is how they rant and pontificate about what the President should be doing, even when legally or constitutionally it’s something he cannot do; at least not without potentially unfavorable ramifications. Given that these “academics” are always trying to show how smart they are, these are things that they SHOULD know, since they think they know EVERYTHING. Yet, they continue to opine as if they are stating fact. Talking just to hear themselves talking.

• October 4, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Brilliant stuff on Shaun King, my girl!

Not sure why, but this kind of shit reminds me of our cowardly Dems who are running away from POTUS during this campaign, even though his ratings are 400x higher than theirs.

fokin eeejits.