Jun

The Week Ahead

Monday

The President will host an event on education at the White House.

Later in the afternoon, he will welcome the NCAA Champion UConn Huskies Men’s and Women’s Basketball teams to honor the teams and their 2014 NCAA Championships.

Tuesday

The President will take to Tumblr in an event at the White House moderated by Tumblr Founder and CEO David Karp. He will deliver remarks and answer questions from people across the country on the importance of education, college affordability, and reducing student loan debt.

Wednesday

The President will travel to Worcester, Massachusetts to deliver the commencement address at the Worcester Technical High School graduation ceremony.

He will also attend a DSCC event in the Boston area.

Following the event, he will return to Washington, DC.

Thursday

The President will hold a bilateral meeting with Prime Minister Tony Abbott of Australia at the White House (sorry, 99ts); the Vice President will also attend.

In the afternoon, the President will welcome the WNBA Champion Minnesota Lynx to the White House to honor the team and their victory in the WNBA Finals.

Friday

Following their visit to Indian Country, they will travel to Palm Springs, CA.

Saturday

The President and the First Lady will return to Washington, D.C on Monday.

155 Responses to “The Week Ahead”

• June 7, 2014 at 9:46 pm

First photo I’ve seen of POTUS holding the rails of a stairway. Precious cargo.
      Congrats on first Chips and predicting earlier the week ahead will be wrong. . .

• 7 Cindy
      June 7, 2014 at 9:47 pm

congrats chipsticks!
      Is the President going to be at the University of California on June 14th?

• June 7, 2014 at 9:49 pm

Yes he is Cindy, see the post: The President will deliver the commencement address at University of California, Irvine on the 50th anniversary of the dedication of the UC Irvine campus by President Lyndon B. Johnson.

• 9 Cindy
          June 7, 2014 at 9:55 pm

This is a BFD!

This is where my child unit (as amk would say) earned her Doctorial Degree; graduation class of 2009, I was there and the campus is BEAUTIFUL. They had their first African American President for the school if I remember correctly. O my gosh….I have to notify her and maybe I will fly up to sneak in : )

This is so cool…..so exciting…..so……you know what I mean. HECK! HECK!

• 10 Cindy
            June 7, 2014 at 10:06 pm

correction; Class of 2008

Chancellor
            Michael V. Drake, M.D.

The school has grown tremendously under his leadership…….AWESOME!

• 11 HZ
              June 8, 2014 at 12:37 am

Beautiful, Cindy. You proud beautiful sweet soul. That is a lovely campus. I lived in Anaheim Hills and had a friend who had a dear friend on that campus, and we would have a great time visiting the campus. Really, just being in that part of Orange County was lovely.

I hope and pray that our POTUS will have a wonderful time and the class of 2014 will have a moment to remember for the rest of their journey. HZ

• 12 Cindy
                June 8, 2014 at 12:53 am

Yes, the campus is beautiful HZ, and I am proud. Child unit worked so hard. I am an advocate of education. I was going to be happy with her graduating with a 4 year degree but she went further; earning 2 Bachelors, 2 Masters, an MBA and a Ph.D.

Funny thing, she was quick to tell people that there were times that she thought I was crazy (education). So I asked her; why did you spend 14 years in college after graduation? She replied; you taught me the value of having a good education, the more I learned, the more I wanted to learn.

Moral of the story; our unit children listens to us “most” of the time, even when they think we are headed for the deep end : )

• 13 HZ
                  June 8, 2014 at 1:31 am

A lovely Amen, Cindy. Child unit listened beautifully from the great accomplishments you have mentioned. Wonderful!!!HZ

1. June 7, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Cant stay away from here today. Cheers to Chips

June 7, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Drat! Missed again

June 7, 2014 at 9:25 pm

If I’d only be less wordy! :grin: Way to go, Almab!

• June 7, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Ah VC, its a race for second today.

June 7, 2014 at 9:27 pm

O hon, that other person who frequently shows up at the top is only a door holder – she gets a fist bump but that’s it. You’re the real first this time.

• June 7, 2014 at 9:29 pm

My first laugh in a day filled with so many tears. How do you do it vc??

June 7, 2014 at 9:39 pm

I’m too simpleminded? :grin: Also, too, Almab, tell me the tears were tears of joy! There are those, you know…. and I like them much, much better than the other kind.

• June 7, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Twas a mix. Didn’t have much time to follow everything in real time this week. Today was catch up from the week, plus Angelou memorial, Dday ceremonies and that lovely video of Oprah’s legends lunch again. Whew!

June 7, 2014 at 10:03 pm

Yeah, we have been overfed with scrumptious goodies this week! :) :) We are truly blessed! We have a lovely, welcoming haven here in the village, and we have a world leader who fully understands his job. I’ve generally been so tremendously happy during this presidency that I very rarely respond with tears. Chest puffed out, yes. Feeling “good” 90% of tge tune,,,,yes, I lean more towards a ‘bursting’ feeling than to actual tears. I’ll tell you honestly I AM TREMENDOUSLY PROUD of the Obamas, even though I have nothing to do with who they are! They warm my heart each and every time they appear or open their mouths.

• June 7, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Nice coming and going shots of POTUS and FLOTUS.

2. 30 GGail
    June 7, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Damn, when I started there was only Chips here LOL!!!

3. 46 arapaho415
    June 7, 2014 at 9:48 pm

I am so far behind at TOD it isn’t funny.

Today is the first day this week that I’ve gotten home before 8 pm, at which time I had to prepare for the next day, so have only seen the early bird chats this week.

Wish PBO would slow down a wee bit so I could catch up, especially because of the D-Day anniversary yesterday.

Love that PBO will have some down time with FLOTUS this week. Coastal SoCal has had absolutely perfect weather this week. The weather in Palm Springs (Annenburg’s Sunnylands Estate?) will be perfect for the desert — loved the photos from the previous times PBO was there solo.

Looking forward to PBO’s trip to South Dakota (a cousin of mine lives in Rapid City, close to Sturgis) — I bet CarolMaeWY is over the moon with PBO’s visit to her birthstate!

And on the downside, the insufferable Ezra Klein will no doubt be even more insufferable when PBO delivers his commencement speech at Ezra’s alma mater. Can’t stand him or his snooty wife.

On the upside, this was in my Twitter e-mail inbox:

4. 48 arapaho415
    June 7, 2014 at 9:57 pm

For some reason, this tweet from two weeks ago just now appeared in my Twitter timeline… Someone else I follow must have just retweeted it, but it’s so appropriate now, after PBO’s trip to Afghanistan on Memorial Day and the ridiculous pretzels that the GOP is twisting themselves into over Bowe Bergdahl. It is absolutely shameful that the GOP is treating a POW (who wasn’t a bargaining chip like McCain was [since McCain's father was an Admiral at the time]) this way. I feel like it’s a flashback to the Vietnam war, and nothing except for the music of that period was good about that painful war that the US lost.

June 7, 2014 at 10:08 pm

Chips – Thanks so much. My favorite part of the week ahead on TOD will be when: “The President and the First Lady will travel to the Cannonball, North Dakota area to visit the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation.” That will be so very meaningful.

• June 7, 2014 at 10:14 pm

The grave of Sitting Bull is there.

June 7, 2014 at 10:28 pm

Sitting Bull was noted as “one of 13 great Americans” in the President’s book, “Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters.” I gave that book to my youngest granddaughter a while back, because she’s always quoting Mrs. Obama!

• June 7, 2014 at 10:14 pm

Can’t wait for that either Jacqueline, it’ll be another beautiful moment – did I mention I love this fella?

• 57 arapaho415
      June 7, 2014 at 11:01 pm

Oops.

North Dakota, not South D. Guess I need new glasses, LOL.

It looks like the Sioux Reservation spans the border of South Dakota, so PBO will be there in spirit, too.

Regardless, if I were CarolMae, I’d be thrilled to have PBO so close to my birthstate.

Media doesn’t report on the ways this Administration is helping the Native American communities:

From the article (posted last month, but so much has happened since then):

“WASHINGTON – Kevin Washburn, a member of the Chickasaw Nation and former University of New Mexico law school dean who is now the nation’s top Indian affairs official, not only understands Native American hardships, he’s lived them.

When he was a child, Washburn’s cash-strapped single mother, who is one-quarter Chickasaw, took him to Indian Health Services clinics for free medical care. When he was a fourth-grader in Oklahoma City, Washburn’s mom fled domestic violence and returned to live near the Chickasaw Nation. And when he enrolled at Yale Law School in 1990, rightfully proud of his acceptance, Washburn says his East Coast professors mocked the accent he brought with him from the Oklahoma reservation.

Today, Washburn, who claims one-eighth Indian lineage, is getting the last laugh.

As the U.S. Interior’s assistant secretary for Indian affairs, he oversees a $2.5 billion budget and about 8,000 employees. Washburn also has the ear of President Barack Obama on issues ranging from tribal self-governance to Native American land disputes and Indian gaming.”

This segment of Americans is revered for their cultural contribution to being American, but little was done to actually enable Native Americans to provide for themselves:

6. 60 Jovie
    June 7, 2014 at 10:10 pm

June 7, 2014 at 10:11 pm

From 1998…Human Rights Campaign Dinner. Wondrous and still timeless

June 7, 2014 at 10:13 pm

YOU MUST SEE THIS!! In all her exquisite glory..she is being her marvelous self…

• 63 Dudette
      June 7, 2014 at 10:37 pm

Oohhhoo. I’d see parts of this, but never the whole thing! Thank you, thank you, thank you, df!

June 7, 2014 at 10:50 pm

You are welcome, Dudette:) Just got done watching the entire thing….we could all learn from her.

8. 69 MightyPamela
    June 7, 2014 at 10:43 pm

iPad is going somewhat wonky on me the past few hours. I do realize we have a blazing Mercury retrograde aspect moving at Warp 10 since 4:57am today, but it’s not supposed to mess with mp this much, this soon! Could be a long three weeks! Maybe sign off and give it a rest. Goodnight all. I’ve had to report the candles page again, there is a truly sick person trolling over there, with evil, vicious views, and attacking TODobots with a vengeance, by name. Hope the page moderator gets my email soon. Goodnight, big hugs all around. God bless our First couple and First Family. God Rest, Dr. Angelou, you have done us all much good!

• 70 theo67
      June 8, 2014 at 12:28 am

Thanks for the heads up about the candles page – what a shame that hate-mongers spend the few moments of their lives here on earth doing such horror.

Anyway – have a lovely night. Rest well!

9. 71 Dudette
    June 7, 2014 at 10:45 pm

Ha! Busted!!!

• 72 MightyPamela
      June 7, 2014 at 11:05 pm

What deep, dark place does such hatred come from?? (I’m sure no one here knows..)

• 74 99ts
      June 7, 2014 at 11:11 pm

G.O.P. chairman Rence Priebus said,” We know nothing about the litter found in the alley behind our national office. We suspect this is part of an orchestrated mainstream media smear campaign.

The GOP certainly know about media smear campaigns – they orchestrate them every hour of every day

June 7, 2014 at 11:24 pm

I thought his final statement was so very relevant – “For the record we are opposed to littering.” Huh? Duhhh.

• 76 theo67
          June 8, 2014 at 12:34 am

Shouldn’t his last statement have been something about being grateful that an American was rescued after five years of captivity? They really don’t care about Americans at all, do they?

June 8, 2014 at 9:28 am

No, they don’t AND they have made it quite, quite clear.

Hello there, neighbour! I just ‘love’ this I’m in, you’re out, you’re in, I’m out village routine we seem to have perfected.

• 78 Lovepolitics2008
      June 8, 2014 at 12:31 am

500 000 !!! ??? Wow they had a big campaign planned !

Tweet this to every national pundit !!! They won’t talk about it, but my goodness can we hope that some of those pundits can wake up to the fact that the republicans are nothing else than a smear machine ?

10. 79 Jovie
    June 7, 2014 at 10:45 pm

WTF!!!

• 80 Cindy
      June 7, 2014 at 10:54 pm

Jovie,
      I was headed for bed on a good note after watching President and Mrs. Obama, now my pressure just shot up : (

What the hell is wrong with these jackasses?

I guess he did soooooooooooooooooooooooo much that he decided to leave Osama for President Obama.

What a bunch of ______(fill in the blank with whatever is appropriate for these imbeciles).

• 81 kathleenp444
      June 7, 2014 at 11:02 pm

Well, this has ruined an otherwise fine night.

June 8, 2014 at 12:24 am

It didn’t ruin my night. I know exactly what the author;s intention was with this bull-chit article based on a FOX NEWS poll. Hence my comment below.

• 83 99ts
      June 7, 2014 at 11:06 pm

I agree – Bush got 100s of Americans killed, he got hundreds of thousands of Iraqis killed, he wiped out New Orleans and made sure most of the people living there could not return.

He sure as hell got things done.

June 7, 2014 at 11:28 pm

We think alike, TS. I didn’t read the article, but my first thought was , ‘Yeah, Bush got things ‘done’ as in killed, dead, finished, or wrecked (like economy)..

• 85 99ts
          June 7, 2014 at 11:30 pm

It was a fox news poll – who would have thought!

June 7, 2014 at 11:33 pm

When I can already tell by the title that the author is an idiot, I don’t bother to waste time checking. It’s hard enough for me to keep on top of reading here, I won’t waste time and effort needlessly.

• 87 theo67
              June 8, 2014 at 12:37 am

My thoughts exactly, VC. Can’t waste precious time on that drivel, when there is good stuff to catch up on. It’s enough to know they are out there, still trying to do evil after five years of failing. One thing I’ll say about these right wingers is that they are persistent. I’ll give them that.

• 88 HZ
                June 8, 2014 at 1:03 am

Exactly theo67 and VC. There are so many more precious moments or us to enjoy from PBO, so we will not allow these ugly empty souls flush out their ugly and vile ways on us and into our space. Our space is centered in a position to receive and give back to the goodness that PBO and First Lady Michelle Obama share with us daily along with VP Biden and Dr. Biden.

Let us take a moment(s) to be still and quiet and take in the beautiful and wonderful ‘Moments of On This Day’ that Chips gives us each day to take our minds and hearts to those remembrance of what our great president and his team have done. These I love to call my “Grateful Sweet Honey Rocks of Pure Love and Goodness.’ Take joy in these photos or Chips headings “On This Day PBO Did”……. these will help center us to start our day and even go back and refresh our spirits.

These empty souls will always throw out there trash to try to clutter in the most distasteful manner our lawns of joyful beautiful that we walk on through our journey of this great decent man. Do not be distracted. Yes, we get upset; I do as well, but we have more to be so proud and grateful for from President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama that any president and First Lady in my life time. I am not being disrespectful, but my memory is not gone yet.

Thanks Chips, Nerdy W., LL for making this a beautiful week. Many thanks to Bobfr for keeping us up on the great news all across the globe. DF get some rest. MightyPamela, get some rest as well.

Vc, you, Chips, and Amk always lift my heart up to another joyful level with your comments back and forth. I love you all for that. The sweetness and the laughter make all the difference in the world. We have a great family here at TOD. Thank you all and a beautiful thank you to our Chips for Everything.

Good night TOD family. My pain is letting up because you all give me so much to take my mind off of it. Thank you all. Loving hugs to my TOD family. HZ

June 8, 2014 at 9:39 am

Yes. Persistently wrong; persistently offensive; persistently hate-filled…..but persistent. Although it is unchristian, and although I don’t generally wish anyone harm, I confess there are moments when I ask myself why don’t they hurry up and move along to the ‘after life’.

• 90 theo67
                  June 8, 2014 at 11:46 pm

Believe me, I have found myself shushing my thoughts when they occasionally stray in that direction. We can’t become like them… You watch me, and I’ll watch you. :)

June 9, 2014 at 7:56 am

‘You watch me, and I’ll watch you.’ :) Thumbs up! Deal!

[Of course, what we won't say is this new arrangement gives us both a bit of space to slip up - those occasions when we cannot find each other to watch! I like this plan. :cool: ]

• 93 99ts
      June 7, 2014 at 11:07 pm

And of course he got tax cuts for the rich and brought down the world economy. Great at getting things done was GWB

• 94 Cindy
        June 7, 2014 at 11:15 pm

Preach sister 99ts, It’s Sunday morning.

June 7, 2014 at 11:29 pm

Reading downwards – yes ma’am we were definitely on the same wavelength!

• 96 Obama Grandmama
        June 8, 2014 at 12:30 am

Bush got the wrong things done that led us into a disaster. Obama may not have gotten as much done as he or others expected, but he fixed lots of the problems created by Bush.

• 97 arapaho415
      June 7, 2014 at 11:15 pm

Glad to see you back in the swing of things in TODville, Jovie!

Haven’t checked out this article yet, but WTF?

Whoever wrote this article should have his/her license to practice journalism revoked.

JHC, this President is getting things done on a DAILY basis.

In addition to the disastrous wars (PBO’s words), Bush managed to tank our economy and make it worse.

Cheney’s cronies in the military industrial complex profited handsomely by the maiming and killing of our brave soldiers.

I heard last week on the radio that the Fortune 500 companies’ profit was over $1 TRILLION, a record, and a 30% increase over the previous year.

Makes me sick to see so many dollars flowing upward (trickle-down, indeed) into the pockets of people without need, but who are the first to complain if they are deprived of the “necessities” of life such as Starbucks coffee, high-speed internet, maid service, wait staff, etc. while the truly needy are starving or undernourished, becoming homeless, etc.

June 8, 2014 at 12:23 am

Jovie, look at it this way. Getting things done can also mean destructive things. It’s much quicker and easier to burn down a house, than it is to build it back up. You can burn down 10-50 houses in a fraction of time it takes to build half a house.

Bush got “more” done because he was destructive. Obama is REPAIRING damage and building the future and that TAKES TIME. I’ll take the latter any day. Wouldn’t you?

I know that’s NOT how the author of this article intended us to think about it, but that’s the TRUTH. And contrary to the claims put forth in this article, most Americans are SMART enough to know the difference.

• 99 Lovepolitics2008
      June 8, 2014 at 12:36 am

The refusal of the national press to acknowledge that the level of republican obstructionism is UNPRECEDENTED never ceases to amaze me. If the national media had informed the population about this problem, the blame would go where it belongs: republicans.

It boggles the mind. The best president in ages and he receives the most unfair treatment I’ve ever seen from the media and the beltway elite.

• 100 nathkatun7
      June 8, 2014 at 1:07 am

This is another piece of evidence that clearly shows how the MSM has morphed into a propaganda mouth piece for the teabag/Republican party.

June 8, 2014 at 12:12 pm

What did Bush get done, beside lying us into Iraq?

11. 102 Dudette
    June 7, 2014 at 10:46 pm

12. June 7, 2014 at 10:52 pm

The President sizzles when is with FLOTUS>>>>YESSSSSSSSSS!

13. 104 lockewasright
    June 7, 2014 at 10:54 pm

This here is how to do it right!

• 105 Dudette
      June 7, 2014 at 10:58 pm

Alright now!!! Go lockewasright!

• 107 Cindy
      June 7, 2014 at 11:09 pm

Hot Damn lockewasright!

You brought down my blood pressure after Jovie sent it up with that article. The boys can play; broke out with my old school steps : )

Homeboy can blow that saxophone, sweat and all but looks unhealthy, and loved the trombone.

Got to listen one more time…………
      THANK YOU!

• 108 lockewasright
        June 7, 2014 at 11:13 pm

I love to share good music. I used to write a weekly music and stuff diary over at the great orange satan before it went all circular firing squad and I couldn’t abide it anymore.

Here’s another of my favorites from that event. Sax dude is again most decidedly NOT messing’ around!

I really love this one.

• 109 Cindy
          June 7, 2014 at 11:29 pm

These guys are AWESOME!

Back in the day lockewasright, we would say; if an individual could play (really play), he’s making love to that saxophone, or trombone etc.

These guys know how to do it just right…….AWESOME!

• 110 lockewasright
            June 7, 2014 at 11:39 pm

Carlos Santana hosted the event. He’s one of the guitars, the older gentleman is Clarence Gatemouth Brown (who’s music I dearly love), and there was an appearance by Buddy Guy on the guitar in there too. I don’t know the rest of the musicians, but they sure got it right!

I will leave you with one last video for tonight. It’s my favorite band and they brought a brass section with them:

Keep an eye open. Like I said, I love to share good music.

• 111 Cindy
              June 7, 2014 at 11:46 pm

Glad you gave the names; I couldn’t think of them but I knew the faces.
              I will close out my one person party with this one : )
              THANK YOU!

• 113 0388jojothecat
          June 7, 2014 at 11:39 pm

Hi Locke……those were good times. Loved your Sunday Morning Music…..is that Santana?,,,oh ma god….love this too.

14. June 7, 2014 at 10:57 pm

Evening everyone.

15. 118 99ts
    June 7, 2014 at 11:04 pm

The President may have to have a meeting with our PM (my sincere apologies) but there is NO reason to show any photos from the event – photoshopped pictures of PBO and VP Biden excepted.

16. June 7, 2014 at 11:16 pm

I’m wondering if this is anyone from TOD? ;) O_o ;)

17. June 7, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Oops, lost photo. . . :oops:

June 7, 2014 at 11:28 pm

THIS IS EXCELLENT. SHARE IT WIDELY

What the Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl saga demonstrates beyond question—to anyone who still nurtured any doubt—is that the Republican right will junk just about any basic American value to satisfy its hatred of President Barack Obama. Fair play, due process, respect for families and the military: To most, if not all, so-called conservatives, none of these fundamentals matters nearly so much as the urge to undermine the nation’s first black president. Which is another reason, among many, why they no longer deserve the honorific “conservative.”

In the matter of Bergdahl, a military officer held by the enemy in Afghanistan and released in a trade of prisoners, the right-wing fakers who call themselves conservative are trashing ideals they routinely claim to hold sacred.

• 128 99ts
      June 7, 2014 at 11:34 pm

Absolutely df – they turn on their own, on their values and on their country if it suits their sole purpose of hating on their President.

There has been no President in the 20th/21st centuries that represented American ideals as perfectly as President Obama – so they change their ideals – heartbreaking.

June 7, 2014 at 11:52 pm

How true…most disgusting thing I’ve seen in a long while…and just when I think they can’t disgust me any more than they already have…they surprise me and plunge to new depths.

• 130 arapaho415
      June 7, 2014 at 11:54 pm

WaPo also appears to be schizophrenic (see Jovie above):

Also see my tweet re: Twitter trends this week:

• 131 nathkatun7
      June 8, 2014 at 1:45 am

Excellent piece! Thanks Desertflower for sharing it. These right wingers hate President Obama so much that they have no qualms hurting a rescued POW and his family because they are afraid that President Obama will get the credit for rescuing him. The way right wing pundits, politicians, media people, as well as some in the so called MSM, have treated the Bergdahl family is absolutely despicable!

19. 132 arapaho415
    June 7, 2014 at 11:47 pm

Is anyone on the east coast watching SNL now?

I haven’t watched since last season, don’t know if there are any remaining cast who worked with Tracy Morgan, but the staff and crew must be torn up over the horrible accident that happened last night.

June 8, 2014 at 12:11 am

hi. bye.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

21. 136 Inswinger
    June 8, 2014 at 12:15 am

Re-posting my first post from earlier. Future posts will likely be shorter…

First things first. Very long time supporter of President Barack Hussein Obama dating back to the Fall of 2003 before most people had ever heard of him, so I’m no Johnny-come-lately to this train. In fact, at the time, I lived abroad. Exceedingly long time lurker from the very early days of this blog. Found you via BWD. Ms Chips, hats off to you and your trusty Lieutenants for your selflessness, perseverance, courage, and humor in serving our beloved President.

If allowed, I will likely post rarely given other pressing commitments but wanted to at least share some thoughts.

Let me start by addressing an issue many of you here have spoken to, including the posts above i.e. Hillary Rodham Clinton. I cannot foresee any circumstances under which I would vote for her if she were to run for the presidency again. There are simply too many factual, let alone, strategic reasons why that would be the case. However, I’ll call out just three that easily come to mind.

First, in case you do not remember, who introduced race into the 2007-2008 presidential campaign, in large part the legacy of which this President and many of his supporters have had to live with since? Clue: it was not the Republicans. Second, in case you do not remember, who, or at least who’s advisers and supporters in broad daylight, tried to change the very rules and process of the Democratic Party nomination when it became abundantly clear, albeit belatedly to the Clinton Campaign, Clinton supporters, and Democratic establishment, that Barrack Hussein Obama had won the party’s nomination? Clue: it was not Barrack Hussein Obama nor his original supporters. Lastly, in case you do not remember and cannot see what is happening in front of your very eyes right now as happened in 2005-2007, who campaigned selflessly, endlessly and articulately all across the country for their fellow Democratic Party candidates for various offices, two years before their own run for the presidency? Clue: it was neither the presumptuous nor presumptive nominee of the Democratic party, as bestowed by many in the party, mainstream media, and the nation’s political establishment across the spectrum.

One more request: this blog is for supporters of President Barack Hussein Obama, at least as far as I understand it. Yes, we are a broad church, and yes we are united in our opposition to Conservatives and Republicans, at least politically and especially in their extreme incarnations. However, for those that do, please desist from posting entries that attempt to message Hillary Rodham Clinton here. Those of us who visit this site do not do so to get informed about her goings on. Nevertheless, clearly this is a decision for Ms Chips to make.

The immediate and urgent focus right now should be on the mid-terms. Success in 2014 will catalyze momentum for 2016. Democrats, and the party, have no shortage of strong, well qualified and forward looking candidates to table for 2016. Whoever ends up winning the party nomination should meet three basic tests; ascendency to the nomination on merit and not on subjective presumption; the strongest candidate to defeat the Republicans; the candidate that is best positioned to pick up and run with the button passed on by President Barack Hussein Obama and his model, and truly stand for and espouse the principles of the modern Democratic Party and this nation.

• 138 99ts
      June 8, 2014 at 3:09 am

An interesting read – thanks for posting.

There are few – if any – here – who post in relation to messaging Mrs Clinton. As I have noted earlier today, the Clintons have the habit of putting themselves forward & can often be seen at events led or participated in by POTUS and/or FLOTUS – so they may appear as part of those events.

Can only add to your thanks to Chips, NW & all front pagers – they are beyond wonderful in what they do and have created a unique & supportive online group. Whether supporters of PBO post once or 100 times they are all made welcome – even those of us who live on the other side of the world.

• 139 Vicki
      June 8, 2014 at 9:03 am

So glad to meet you and to read this post.
      I, too, remember the weekend meeting of the Rules and By-laws committee in 2008. Senator Obama was very well represented by the fiery Congressman Robert Wexler(?) I think his name is. Mrs. C by Harold Ickes and changing the rules about delegate numbers was the subject. Moving the goalposts in the middle of the game. Yuck.

Less well known were the suits brought in Nevada, for example, where Mrs. C tried to obliterate caucus results by claiming……something. Hillary Clinton was and is and operates like a right wing conservative, for whom winning by any means neccesary is the sole goal.

I hope you post here again and often, Inswinger.

June 8, 2014 at 12:28 am

I am outta here.

• 141 nathkatun7
      June 8, 2014 at 2:02 am

I understand you’ve been away for a couple of days. I hope you and your precious family were out having fun, and you were not out there alone on business. In any case, it’s so good to see you back, fearless as ever, exposing these “dumbass” and unethical U.S. media!

23. June 8, 2014 at 1:00 am

• 143 Cindy
      June 8, 2014 at 1:06 am

How precious are those words to President Obama. BEAUTIFUL!

• June 8, 2014 at 1:07 am

I thought so too. I’m glad I saw the tweet.

• 145 HZ
          June 8, 2014 at 1:53 am

Hello CarolMae. It is always good to see you, and I hope that you are making wonderful progress with your eye. Please take time out to rest. I know that you know how to take care, but remember we love you dearly and want you to heal beautifully.

Yes, I am so glad that I saw this tweet. It is so peaceful to see such especially after POB has made a speech or an announcement concerning how his policies will move us away from all of these wars that greeted him as he entered the Oval Office.

I pray daily for wisdom to be granted to him in this area. The MSM goes crazy because he is not sending our men and women into war when we can solve many issues with diplomacy. Then an angel like this gentleman comes along and validate our thoughts for his actions. It is like the goodness of common sense goodness moving graciously in PBO’s path. I am so grateful for this wonderful calm, strong, and decent man who is our 44th President. Thank you, Mr. President.

Please take care, CarolMae, and get some rest as well {{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Loving healing hugs to you}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}HZ

24. June 8, 2014 at 1:55 am

Good night TOD.

#TrustBarack

#LandslideDEMS2014

Yes WE MUST

25. 150 Jovie
    June 8, 2014 at 6:00 am

Echoing her fellow conservatives who oppose the prisoner swap that secured Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl’s release, Fox News personality Kimberly Guilfoyle said Friday that the POW was lucky he wasn’t found by his fellow soldiers before the exchange. Otherwise, Guilfoyle said, Bergdahl may have been brought home “in a body bag.”

Sweet Jesus! :(

• 151 Jovie
      June 8, 2014 at 6:05 am

Foxer Kimberly Guilfoyle says Bowe Bergdahl is lucky Obama did a prisoner swap. “He’s pretty lucky that he was brought home the way he was because if those special forces had found him and encountered him and they were looking for him, he would have come home either in a body bag or come home and gone straight to jail.”

Executed ?

• 152 99ts
      June 8, 2014 at 7:21 am

And when was Kimberly Guilfoyle in Afghanistan handling what Sgt Bergdahl had to face – armchair haters have to hate – even on those who serve!

Jesus wept – is perhaps the phrase to use.

26. 153 Jovie
    June 8, 2014 at 6:20 am

This is objective journalism , nice article and informative.