Oct

The President’s Day

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Announces+John+BRFXdwc7Qd_l

President Barack Obama holds a news conference to announce John B. King Jr. as the next Education Secretary to succeed outgoing Education Secretary Arne Duncan

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Announces+John+Dn2_HvOlDpol

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Announces+John+xQxjEUq4swzl

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Announces+John+y6rN41J8AIsl

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Announces+John+szBrUyP_nYkl

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Announces+John+8BNfsusUAZ4l

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Announces+John+a4OabVgg0WBl

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Announces+John+njDpmsEn7fQl

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Announces+John+jMnQnryMKkVl

84 Responses to “The President’s Day”

1. October 2, 2015 at 9:21 pm

Comment. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ first?

October 2, 2015 at 9:30 pm

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wwwhatt?

• 10 SUEDUVALLSMITH
      October 3, 2015 at 9:29 am

MIGHT I ADD…PBO’S SMILE HAS REALLY BROADENED BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS EVER SINCE THE FIRST LADY WORE…THAT DRESS……………………….THERE ARE SOME THINGS YOU JUST DON’T WANT TO CHANGE!

3. 11 susanne holland
    October 2, 2015 at 9:33 pm

I just watched the press conference again, from the moment the President enters the room to the time he walks off camera– every single moment is a gem of wisdom, humor, intelligence, forbearance, generosity, and brilliant analysis. His tutorial on the Syria situation finally sheds light on what has been a murky mess in my mind. His take-down of the Great Putin narrative was masterful in its searing simplicity. His fierce response to the questions about gun violence pinned responsibility right where it belongs, on the voters who keep electing NRA stooges. And his love for Pope Francis and their shared vision of humanity brought tears to my eyes. Just an amazing piece of history. Thank you Chips for making all this available to all of us who care to see.

• 12 susanne holland
      October 2, 2015 at 9:34 pm

Plus he’s so incredibly handsome! πŸ™‚

October 3, 2015 at 1:15 am

Beautiful to read that, reminding us all of that great press conference – as if NW’s glorious roundup wasn’t doing that already! Thanks to both of you.

• 15 jackiegrumbacher
      October 3, 2015 at 8:09 am

Beautifully stated Susanne. No one–literally no one–is as masterful at strategy, analysis and narrative as PBO. He is one of a kind. His explanation of the Syria situation made every other pundit, so-called journalist and every presidential candidate seem shallow and ill informed in comparison.

October 2, 2015 at 9:35 pm

Brazilian officials investigating a corruption scandal at the state-run oil company Petrobras will be allowed to question ex-President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, the supreme court has ruled.

It said Lula would be heard as a witness and was not being investigated.

Police say they want to see if he benefited from the Petrobras scheme. Other members of the governing Workers’ Party will be questioned.

Prosecutors say firms bribed Petrobras executives to secure contracts.

Some of the money was then passed on to Workers’ Party politicians.

The scandal is the largest in Brazil’s history, with top politicians accused of taking bribes.

5. October 2, 2015 at 9:40 pm

alarm bells are ringing:

African-American Voters Moving En Masse Away from Clinton
    The first time I told folks this would happen I got blank stares. The second time, incredulity. The third, as Biden fever began to rise, intrigue. Well, here it is: the hard data. Hillary Clinton has lost 31 percent of African-American voters in the past two months.

Clinton’s support has descended among whites, too. And among women. But with no demographic group is her free-fall more vertiginous than among black Democrats.

6. 20 MadameSoph
    October 2, 2015 at 9:41 pm

Thanks Nerdy for the pictorial summation of a day when PBO was particularly awesome in a press conference πŸ™‚

7. October 2, 2015 at 9:46 pm

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

8. October 2, 2015 at 9:52 pm

Been swamped of late….don’t know if anybody posted this last week:

9. 30 MadameSoph
    October 2, 2015 at 9:55 pm

Ok TOD I’ll leave this for whenever Australia wakes up and our 99ts peeks in:

Tom Hanks: β€œWhat do you think Santa does during the summer?”
    Stephen: β€œI think he’s Santa on the other planets.”
    Tom Hanks: β€œWhoa! Wait; you mean like in Australia?”
    Stephen: β€œYeah, that’s what I mean.”

• 31 99ts
      October 3, 2015 at 1:56 am

Stephen wins me – & I could even watch that one MadameSoph (sometimes the country bit stops me). Ignoring the Australia – my favorite was the beginning

” I’m not at college anymore so I can’t have late night bull sessions with my buds” Brings back those nights so many moons ago when we thought we were saving the world. πŸ™‚

October 2, 2015 at 9:56 pm

kids having fun the old fashioned way.

11. October 2, 2015 at 9:57 pm

THANK YOU, Secret Service.

• 34 globalcitizenlinda
      October 2, 2015 at 11:27 pm

my thanks go the USSS for a job well done;

it has not been easy protecting this POTUS, the First Family, the Second Family, and all the principals against all the rabid hatemongers out there;

sometimes we forget the enormous load the members of the USSS have to carry in this very troubled world

October 2, 2015 at 10:00 pm

kenyan muslin welcomes the pope.

October 2, 2015 at 10:02 pm

‘cheeky’ kid.

October 2, 2015 at 10:08 pm

Can someone please post this? I have no idea if its already been here, but you can never see this too often.

October 2, 2015 at 10:11 pm

extreme painting yourself into a corner

16. October 2, 2015 at 10:36 pm

I’m not sad to say goodbye to Arne Duncan. He was my least favorite of President Obama’s appointments.I did not like his stand on education issues.

October 2, 2015 at 10:47 pm

18. October 2, 2015 at 10:54 pm

• October 2, 2015 at 10:59 pm

I am puzzled at his non-entry into the Oct. 13 debate if he’s serious about running.

• 59 aquagranny911
        October 3, 2015 at 12:55 am

Joe doesn’t need two years to remind people who he is & what he stands for. Nor, does he need to meet Hillary & Bernie in endless debates. Just my two pesos…..

October 2, 2015 at 10:55 pm

β€œThe way the earth rotates on its axis, how far away it is from the sun. These are all very complex things,” Carson said in response to a question from the audience. β€œGravity, where did it come from? I mean, there are so many things. So I don’t denigrate the people who say β€˜Eh, eh, whatever, somehow it happened.’ I don’t denigrate them. I just don’t have that much faith.”

///

β€œIs there climate change? Of course there’s climate change,” Carson said. β€œAny point in time temperatures are going up or temperatures are going down. When that stops happening, that’s when we’re in big trouble.”

the repubs’ second pick, ladies & gentlemen.

fuck the but he is a brilliant surgeon meme.

• 61 aquagranny911
      October 3, 2015 at 1:00 am

I think Carson has serious TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) from the chemo & radiation he had for cancer some years ago. Someone who really loves him should come lead him away before he makes even more of a fool of himself. What once may have been is no more. Sad & pathetic.

October 2, 2015 at 10:59 pm

I sure hope so.

October 2, 2015 at 10:59 pm

October 2, 2015 at 11:01 pm

23. 65 Nerdy Wonka
    October 2, 2015 at 11:03 pm

October 2, 2015 at 11:04 pm

October 2, 2015 at 11:06 pm

The dems should hammer him with this 24×7. PBO showed today how it is done.

October 2, 2015 at 11:06 pm

October 2, 2015 at 11:07 pm

28. October 3, 2015 at 12:58 am

#StuffHappens is going to stick to Jeb like glue. It’s his handle as a candidate.

29. 76 Dudette
    October 3, 2015 at 1:29 am

Nephew took me to see The Martian! It was simply AWESOME!!! Go see it! Take your family! Go see it! Take your neighbors kids! Go see it!!!

30. 77 Dudette
    October 3, 2015 at 1:32 am

When you see the movie, you’ll get why this is so perfect! πŸ˜€

31. 79 Dudette
    October 3, 2015 at 1:33 am

Props to Gloria

32. 80 Dudette
    October 3, 2015 at 1:34 am

33. 81 Dudette
    October 3, 2015 at 1:37 am

Man, I have a lot of catching up to do. Heard about our badass President rocking the press conference. Can’t wait to see it!

Catch ya later! 😘

• 82 jackiegrumbacher
      October 3, 2015 at 8:20 am

Dudette, it’s jaw dropping awesome–worth every single second of your time. I thought PBO gave great press conferences at the start of his presidency, but he’s only become more and more skilled at it. This is lesson in how a true master operates.

34. October 3, 2015 at 8:26 am

I see some of the pundits on twitter still not sure what we’re doing in Syria. PBO gives a masterful press conference, going in rather great detail about the complexities while still keeping it simple enough for all to understand, complete with historical overview, and these mopes still can’t see the issues. It’s just staggering how very useless our media have become.

If you haven’t see the presser, do yourself a favor and watch it. It’s vintage 4th quarter POTUS, giving us the privilege of his brilliance and humanity.

@POTUS