Sep

Rise and Shine: The Week Ahead

On This Day: Fredericksburg, VA, September 27, 2008

• • •

Today

9:0 EDT: The President delivers remarks at the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation’s 44th Annual Legislative Conference Phoenix Awards Dinner at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. The First Lady also attends.

• • •

• • •

The Week Ahead

Sunday

No public events scheduled.

• • •

Monday

The President will attend a DNC event in Washington DC.

In the evening, he will host Prime Minister Narendra Modi of India – spare a thought for him, he has to rule Amk – for a private dinner at the White House. The Vice President will also attend.

• • •

Tuesday

The President will host Prime Minister Modi at the White House.

• • •

Wednesday

The President will try really hard to smile as he hosts Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House.

In the afternoon, the President will welcome – sorry Tally – Sporting Kansas City to the White House to honor their 2013 MLS Championship.

In the evening, the President will travel to Chicago where he will spend the night. Further details to come.

• • •

Thursday

After a couple of events in Chicago, the President will return to the White House.

That evening, the President will deliver remarks at the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute’s annual awards gala in Washington.

• • •

Friday

The President will attend meetings at the White House.

• • •

On This Day

Fredericksburg, VA, September 27, 2008

Democratic Presidential Candidate, Senator Barack Obama and running mate, Senator Joe Biden speak at a rally in Greensboro, NC on Saturday, September 27, 2008.

Virginia Beach, September 27, 2012 – Photo by Scout Tufankjian

Virginia Beach, September 27, 2012 – Photo by Scout Tufankjian

Virginia Beach, September 27, 2012 – Photo by Scout Tufankjian

MoooOOOooorning!

104 Responses to “Rise and Shine: The Week Ahead”

September 27, 2014 at 9:13 am

(Falling back on the old tried and true pic posting 😉 )

2. 35 dotster3
    September 27, 2014 at 9:15 am

Any TODers in Venice for the Clooney wedding? 🙂 I wouldn’t have minded an invite, but I guess George was unaware of my long held intense admiration of his………..acting skills.

3. 37 donna dem 4 obama
    September 27, 2014 at 9:26 am

Good Morning TOD

Chips/NW in honor of Mr. Clooney’s wedding today (sigh) I think a thread honoring this beautiful, handsome, charming, intelligent, big time President Obama supporter would be appropriate….

4. September 27, 2014 at 9:27 am

G’morning Chips & TOD! 🙂 Happy Saturday everyone.

September 27, 2014 at 9:33 am

September 27, 2014 at 9:35 am

September 27, 2014 at 10:20 am

Chelsea Clinton had a baby girl early this morning – Charlotte Clinton Mezvinzky.

September 27, 2014 at 10:20 am

BRB – forgot to eat in haste to get to front of queue. 😀

9. September 27, 2014 at 10:27 am

• 63 99ts
      September 27, 2014 at 10:39 am

“The less obvious implication of your remarks, however, is that by offending an ally and cheapening her contribution, you are actively hurting the mission. We need to send a clear message that anyone, male or female, who will stand up to ISIS and get the job done is worthy of our respect and gratitude.”

This paragraph could well be said about every GOP politician who attacks their commander in chief – they are actively harming the mission.

• September 27, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Faux Noise….Boobs on the Tube!

10. 65 carolyn
    September 27, 2014 at 10:34 am

Very happy for Chelsea, Marc and the grandparents. As many of us on this blog know, there is nothing as wonderful as being a grandparent. Bill and Hillary will soon learn this wonderful fact. Maybe Fox could be a little congratulatory for once in their lives, but no, even the birth of a baby becomes a political football for them. How sad.

I have learned in my teaching career, that being a grandma is a cherished status. If there is one person in the world a college freshman loves, it’s grandms. I let them know quickly that I am a grandma, or Nana, or Abuela…… and smiles are the universal response. .

11. 66 JER
    September 27, 2014 at 10:36 am

Good Morning Chips and TOD.

September 27, 2014 at 10:40 am

friggin’ emily post.

13. 68 mtmarilyn
    September 27, 2014 at 10:45 am

Good morning TODville. Chips, Nerdy Wonka, all the BT’s and all who post and lurk. This community does keep us all sane in this world today. I am leaving on a 3,000 mile trip. I am driving to Kansas to attend my 50th HS reunion in a very small town. I will be staying with friends and family on this trip. I hope to get a good feeling of what is going on. Not sure how I will survive Kansas but I know I have TOD to turn to if my conservative friends and family become too much. I will be in Wichita for 4 days. Am hoping to go by the Koch headquarters (wish I could put a curse on them). We will see what happens.

I am hoping to meet CarolMaeWY in Buffalo, WY tomorrow morning. She and her husband are driving over so we can have some time together. Hope it works out.

So thankful for this wonderful President and for AG Holder. Keep up the great work everyone. See you down the road.

14. 76 JER
    September 27, 2014 at 10:49 am

September 27, 2014 at 10:50 am

16. September 27, 2014 at 11:03 am

September 27, 2014 at 11:12 am

September 27, 2014 at 11:13 am

19. 82 dotster3
    September 27, 2014 at 11:33 am

Both Obamas are coming to Illinois to campaign for Gov. Quinn, who is in a tight race with horrible Repub Bruce Rauner. About every other day Rauner slips another million out of his pocket for his campaign; his ads have flooded every media outlet, airing every 2 minutes everywhere. The latest is just a despicable Willie Horton type ad, blaming Quinn for every crime ever committed in Illinois, especially the shooting death of the 9 yr. old boy by a gang member. It’s revolting.
    Article states that there are 1.6 million “drop off” voters in Illinois, those who don’t vote in non-presidential elections, and of those 1.2 million are Dem. base voters—-minorities, young people, women.
    Hopefully the Obamas can make all realize how critical it is to vote in this upcoming election—-and in every election.

20. 84 donna dem 4 obama
    September 27, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Can anyone explain to me why OFA changed its tax status to a 501c4 and now primarily works on advancing agenda items for the President? Do you all realize that OFA is not involved on the ground with electing any Democrats this year? This task has now been passed on to the Democratic Party.

• 85 sjterrid
      September 27, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Donna, most of the people that are part of our core-team members of the OFA group are also heavily involved on the ground in their local &/or state democratic commmittes.

• 86 whatisworking
      September 27, 2014 at 11:05 pm

HI Donna

I was told it was done because the President would never run for office again, and it was determined that we could do the most good by working on issues. When it was done – I think OFA believed that pressuring Republicans would be effective. They beleived that since Rs lost in 2012 they would change their ways. Seems silly now but didn’t at the time.

We have 13 teams in NorCal, all of them have their roots in OFA. Since Sept. OFA has been very quiet so we could all work on elections.

21. 87 dotster3
    September 27, 2014 at 12:17 pm

I see my Ct. daughter posted this on facebook re. wealthy Greenwich, Ct. Repub gov. candidate, who paid no taxes in 2011, 2012—–because—–tax lawyers—–2013 not available because of extension:
    “If Tom Foley really wants to make a contribution to the state of Ct., perhaps he could start by paying some income taxes. Just an idea…..”

22. 88 Nena20409
    September 27, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday…….that’s all right 😉
    Sunny, Humid Fall Day in my neck of the woods……It feels like 80 degrees already. Was going to help mow the lawn today……Heck No…..it is not happening, Not Today!

Hello TOD!

Congrats to all Au ⭐ winners, starting with this Fabulous R&S thread and 3 back.

September 27, 2014 at 12:43 pm

24. September 27, 2014 at 12:48 pm

25. 94 Nena20409
    September 27, 2014 at 12:50 pm

I had forgotten to post this yesterday.

It was an exceptional Presser by Josh “The Voice” Earnest.

9-26-14

26. 95 Nena20409
    September 27, 2014 at 12:57 pm

I watched TRMS this AM and I think last night was one of her best work this year. Apparently, there is a Rep in CO, a GOPer urging any in the Military who disagrees with pres Obama to quit. Now….that is a more important story than Palin or Salute or OK official trying to tie the wicked beheading there to ISIL/Daesh.

• 96 MightyPamela
      September 27, 2014 at 1:12 pm

Kinda hard to imagine any of the admirals and generals even willing to sit and listen to this kind of stupidity and bullshit. This so-called GOP rep seems to be utterly ignorant of all things military. Why is he on the ASC to begin with? Eff’er. These people re just disgusting. Maybe this whacko should find a job, instead of sucking off the taxpayers. Now, bye-bye, gotta go to work.

27. 97 GGAIL
    September 27, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Good.West Coast morning Chipsticks & TOD family.

Chips, your comments in The Week Ahead crack me up 😀

September 27, 2014 at 1:14 pm

*ahem* *cough* *cough* *ahem* A bit on the late side, aren’t you?

• 99 GGAIL
        September 27, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Hi there vc!
        It’s still morning herd on the West Coast 😀
        How ya doin?

September 27, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Helll-oooo, Gx2! So is breakfast over?

BTW: You didn’t get the memo – you are *supposed* to live on east coast time in this village!

I am fine (well, other than a bit fed up with *those people* calling me so often to work)*! The sun is shining, the leaves are changing colour, and my ‘custom’ outdoor shed is finally finished. Now I simply (yea, right) have to clean some of the junk out of my garage and put it in the shed. Fortunately, i can do this on VC timing. 😉 😉

28. 101 Nena20409