May

The President’s Day

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Addresses+Georgetown+-jisYbrwvnFl

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Addresses+Georgetown+-KxF46VFLDRl

President Barack Obama participates a discussion on poverty at Georgetown University in Washington, DC. Georgetown hosted the Catholic Evangelical Leadership Summit on fighting poverty in America

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Addresses+Georgetown+USg-m4zdQCsl

President Barack Obama participates in a discussion on poverty with (L-R) moderator E.J. Dionne, Jr., Robert Putman Professor at Harvard University, and Arthur Brooks President of the American Enterprise Institute

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Addresses+Georgetown+zvev2qX39vwl

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Addresses+Georgetown+X6UyhTGOQ6Gl

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Addresses+Georgetown+B7XGwqx4JCXl

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Addresses+Georgetown+AMAm96mrB8ml

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Addresses+Georgetown+IpCGAf8DQwrl

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Addresses+Georgetown+Yq9jy_9HysMl

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Addresses+Georgetown+cZm7zjJnilbl

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Addresses+Georgetown+1Tzl7i46exsl

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Addresses+Georgetown+nsPrcgyLzyOl

118 Responses to “The President’s Day”

1. 1 GGail
    May 12, 2015 at 6:01 pm

NW!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• 2 57andfemale
      May 12, 2015 at 6:01 pm

congrats, girl friend!

• 3 GGail
        May 12, 2015 at 6:02 pm

Well, thanks very much girl friend! ๐Ÿ˜€ โค

• 4 0388jojothecat
          May 12, 2015 at 6:23 pm

You are first a lot in the afternoon. Are you faster after lunch ๐Ÿ™‚

Congrats my dear. Guess what I got a response from PBO from my “Why did you get involved” request from WH.

• 5 GGail
            May 12, 2015 at 6:28 pm

Hahahahaha, you could be right jojo ๐Ÿ˜€

You go girl! You got a response???!!!!!!! Bring to our brunch for Tally ๐Ÿ™‚

• 6 0388jojothecat
              May 12, 2015 at 11:12 pm

I got this in my email this afternoon. ๐Ÿ™‚

The White House, Washington

Dear Rhonda:

Thank you for writing. I appreciate your kind words and your support for our shared values. Emails like yours keep me optimistic about Americaโ€™s future, and they keep me going every single day.

Together, letโ€™s always remember to guard against cynicism, embrace hope, and work toward an ever brighter tomorrow. I wish you all the best.

Sincerely,

May 12, 2015 at 6:55 pm

Lady G takes the win!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

2. 10 57andfemale
    May 12, 2015 at 6:01 pm

• 11 GGail
      May 12, 2015 at 6:02 pm

57, we clocked in at the same time – Congrats to you as well girl friend ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

3. 12 GGail
    May 12, 2015 at 6:01 pm

I gave you a gift…you give me a gift {{{{Hugs}}}} ๐Ÿ˜€

4. May 12, 2015 at 6:01 pm

Good evening TOD folks! Another remarkable day for PBO

5. 16 Don
    May 12, 2015 at 6:01 pm

Liberal Librarian, I truly understand your point, but Iโ€™m talking about something bigger. Iโ€™m talking about the level of dishonesty displayed by Senators Warren and Brown towards President Obama. I had no problem with Warren and Brown disagreeing with the President, but to lie on him and then have Senator Brown accuse him of being sexist. And furthermore, to make it seem like that President Obama canโ€™t open up his mouth and say that Senator Warren is wrong on a issue and it being made to look like he was personally attacking her. So Iโ€™ll be damned, President Obama canโ€™t defend his position without offending someone. LL, this wasnโ€™t about politics, this was about a level of dishonesty and disrespect shown towards President by his own party. Senator Brown today blew a dog whistle, his whistle said that President Obama raised his voice towards Senator Warren.

• 17 Vicki
      May 12, 2015 at 6:22 pm

I hear you, Don.
      The argument about procedure is another matter altogether.
      PBO is addressing the procedure matter right now as he is talking to Dems. The hideous disrespect is unlikely to be admitted, much less overcome.

6. May 12, 2015 at 6:04 pm

You’re a Grade A gem Nerdy, endless thanks for this and the last post.

7. May 12, 2015 at 6:05 pm

As always, great roundup, Nerdy.

Me, right now.

8. 24 GGail
    May 12, 2015 at 6:07 pm

Good for this female reporter!

Toronto Man Fired After He Tries to Justify Vulgar TV Remark

A Toronto engineer lost his job Tuesday after a social media firestorm was created by a female TV reporter who fought back against offensive and vulgar comments that disrupted her live interview.”I hit my limit and I had to push back,” she said Tuesday. “I wasn’t going to stand for it anymore. It was time to say something.”

Ontario’s largest electricity provider, Hydro One, issued a statement saying it has fired one of its employees in connection with the lewd disruption Sunday at a Toronto FC game. In the video, CityNews reporter Shauna Hunt is shown confronting and questioning the men who shouted lewd remarks into her microphone and defended it as part of popular trend.

A Hydro One official identified the employee as Shawn Simoes, but spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to name him for privacy reasons. Simoes is shown in the video using an expletive and calling his friend’s remark hilarious before telling the reporter she is lucky they didn’t have a vibrator.

9. May 12, 2015 at 6:08 pm

This fall the state of Oregon starts full time mandatory public kindergarten for all children age 5. It’s a big step for getting children the early skills they need to be successful in school.

• 26 Vicki
      May 12, 2015 at 6:10 pm

Good start!!. Are you aware that in NYC we have universal Pre-K (4 year olds) thanks to Mayor de Blasio?

10. 27 Nena20409
    May 12, 2015 at 6:08 pm

You Rock, NW!
    This post is sizzling ๐Ÿ˜‰
    GGail, your Au โญ is Shinning ๐Ÿ™‚ And so are your fellow Medalists:
    57andFemale, Vetivera, Don, GGail again and so on……Congratulations Folks ๐Ÿ™‚

11. May 12, 2015 at 6:10 pm

POTUS has just met with Dems to figure out a way forwardโ€ฆโ€ฆ…

• 31 Vicki
      May 12, 2015 at 6:13 pm

This will work out. Sooner rather than later, I hope.
      I also heard President Obama say he’d let the Senate work out their procedural issues. Maybe he said to himself “Let these fools and ingrates have their moment.”

Maybe the moment is almost over.

12. May 12, 2015 at 6:11 pm

• 34 Vicki
      May 12, 2015 at 6:14 pm

Sen. Brown, please go FY.

• 37 Don
      May 12, 2015 at 6:20 pm

The more I think about this guy the angrier I get.

• 38 carolyn
        May 12, 2015 at 7:06 pm

I wrote both these Senators and told them they could disagree with the PBO, but respect him while doing so. I told the to stop acting like eighth graders……I taught eight grade, this is what they sound like. Told them both I’m very disappointed in them…….told Elizabeth she would be no one nowhere if PBO hadn’t lifted her up.

13. May 12, 2015 at 6:12 pm

MAGNIFICENT thread, NW. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

14. May 12, 2015 at 6:13 pm

• 41 barbara
      May 12, 2015 at 7:24 pm

Live in this very town so I am aware of his bigot remarks. Lawrence is very liberal and for some folks across this Red, Red, Red state….it is just too much to still have that dreadful Marxist black man in the White House. Ho-Hum, their rhetoric continues to be an embarrassment.

15. May 12, 2015 at 6:15 pm

NW AAALLLEEERRRTTTTT!!

16. May 12, 2015 at 6:16 pm

White men in suits on a stage of an elite university having a summit about poverty? What is there to talk about when it is clearly evident that the poor have always been with us and that more people have joined their ranks in the last two decades. We need less talk and show and reports and more action.

• 45 Vicki
      May 12, 2015 at 6:18 pm

Sigh, Ceb. My thought exactly when the camera panned to the audience, too.

• 46 Vicki
        May 12, 2015 at 6:18 pm

On the other hand, anytime POTUS speaks is a good moment. No matter the topic or the audience.

• May 12, 2015 at 6:25 pm

Our PBO has shown over and over that he will go anywhere to talk to anyone to use it as an avenue to bring light to an issue and to inspire action even when he knows the intent of a group may be not be efficacious.

• May 12, 2015 at 6:24 pm

He actually kind said all that. And it was awesome.

• 49 joyfulmeme
        May 12, 2015 at 8:57 pm

He did say it. That Arthur person said a whole lot of nothing. He didn’t make any cogent points. More like dressed up RW talking points.

17. 50 Vicki
    May 12, 2015 at 6:16 pm

Nerdy, Thank you. I just enjoyed the gorgeous post.

May 12, 2015 at 6:24 pm

19. May 12, 2015 at 6:34 pm

So the president treats Warren as an equal and a colleague (he calls Hillary and Joe by their first names) and this is a thing; really? This is all about how dare the Black man not be subservient to Miss Ann ( nickname for any white woman who thinks she is superior). PBO and the rest of us have too much to do and only and half years to get it done. Let’s keep it moving. We have seen this show before and walked out of it.

• May 12, 2015 at 6:36 pm

Should be: one and half years to get it done.

• 55 EricFive
        May 12, 2015 at 6:44 pm

My prior posts were not to deflect heat from Sherrod Brown and Elizabeth. They are both despicable people who are increasingly shrill and desperate (because they know the gravy train will soon leave the station). I was merely detailing the facts surrounding the procedural vote that took place today so folks would not buy into the media narrative. I share the anger others have expressed concerning Sherrod daring to call PBO a sexist. Brown is a weak, opportunist, grifter asshole. He will have his newscycle to strut his stuff, but will fall to earth soon enough, and the landing will be rough.

May 12, 2015 at 7:06 pm

“We have seen this show before and walked out of it.”

^^^ Yep. And here’s the other thing, for me. Hey, I’m a woman. I was a woman back in the ’70s during the Women’s Rights Movement. Used to be a woman with a federal government career, too. Women today who reach their career goals in life – say like becoming a U.S. Senator and candidate for President in ’08, or a U.S. Senator today – are usually the first ones who tell their male colleagues, “Call me Elizabeth, please,” because one of the perceived perks of the boardroom or some high political tower is to be on a first-name basis with each other or your bosses, and you should have CONFIDENCE when you arrive there. Ha – back in the ’80s, it was a big damn deal where I worked for the bosses to say, after they had a high-powered off-site mega management retreat about it, “Call me Bill” or “Call me Dave.” It was kind of like “the night they drove ol’ Dixie down” for working women of the ’80s. Not.

I’m sure every time President Obama has met personally with EW, he’s called her Elizabeth, just like he calls our VP, Joe. Don’t turn around in public then and say “Oh, he called me Elizabeth.” Tell him in private, if you’d prefer he call you “Senator of the Free World” or something like that. Hillary’s crying during ’08 and Ann’s saying This Is Hard during ’12 and EW saying “He called me Elizabeth” in ’15 = dog whistles to this woman that you lack CONFIDENCE in yourself – and, well, you’re all making the rest of us look bad.

Oh, and, if I were a U.S. Senator, you could call me Jacqueline any time you wanted, because it’s not about THE TITLE; it’s supposed to be about THE WORK a senator does for WE THE PEOPLE. Show us what you are going to do for the people, Elizabeth and Sherrod. And leave the name-calling to US, you [expletive deleted].

• 59 EricFive
        May 12, 2015 at 7:15 pm

Thank you for this comment, JOB. It really is self-defeating to claim PBO is sexist when nothing in his presidency bears this out. They are crying sexism because they cannot win the argument on the merits. It is a sign of weakness of mind and spirit to resort to such childish and transparent tactics during a debate. I am sure Elizabeth and Sherrod would not appreciate being called racist for disagreeing with the President in a disrespectful way. As I stated yesterday, shit like this is why Ioathe the extreme left.

20. May 12, 2015 at 6:41 pm

Sherrod is just making sh&t up!

• 65 Sandy1110
      May 12, 2015 at 6:52 pm

So very tired of the whining, weak Dems and the emos who fall for their posturing. But all will be good in the long run when POTUS succeeds.

• 66 Don
      May 12, 2015 at 6:52 pm

This fucking asshole thought he was going to get away with this bullshit.

• 67 Nena20409
      May 12, 2015 at 6:53 pm

I left Sen Brown a firm message.
      His number in DC is:
      202-224-2315

Pres Obama loves addressing people by their 1st names…..even during pressers with other world leaders.
      Sen Brown was lying and he was wrong with those crappy tweets.
      When one is losing the argument……Sexism is interjected. Brown was truly offensive and I told him so.

• 69 GGail
      May 12, 2015 at 7:03 pm

Sherrod doesn’t care about truth and facts. He’s playing to the audience – and it’s working

May 12, 2015 at 7:10 pm

I just noticed Ben White’s twitter profile ends with “RTs mean I love you.” Ha.

21. 72 JER
    May 12, 2015 at 7:14 pm

7:30 PM EDT – Vice President Biden Speaks at the 22nd Annual TOP COPS Awards Dinner.
    Click here โ–บ โ–บ http://www.cbsnews.com/liveFeed/widget.shtml

Also: White House.gov [Audio Only]

May 12, 2015 at 7:22 pm

Because we’ve had to use similar strings before, on other topics, I almost absentmindedly ended this “Ask Osama bin Laden.” I think it’s wine-thirty.

23. 78 Dudette
    May 12, 2015 at 7:38 pm

• May 12, 2015 at 7:53 pm

Ms. Dudette,
      Thank you! I really needed that.
      Damn near had an almost perfect day until those weak Dems. Spoiled it by doing what they do best.

But I still remain positive that our President will ride this one out like a smooth blue cool Hawaii wave as he had done before.
      Once again, he will make these enemies his footstool.
      He has carried this party by himself for the last 7 years. Politicking and fundraising for their lazy weak asses.
      Still remaining positive, the last thing I have to say as the sunset for this “almost perfect day” is:
      Thank you, Mr. President. Crush them at will…..every last one of them!

24. 80 Alycee (@jazziz2)
    May 12, 2015 at 7:43 pm

25. May 12, 2015 at 8:05 pm

May 12, 2015 at 8:15 pm

27. May 12, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Hope this is a fruitful alliance.

May 12, 2015 at 8:46 pm

Wonder if Joe Biden were there? Oh, I meant Vice President Joseph R. Biden. Understand we shouldn’t be using “first names” now. Ugh.

28. 94 globalcitizenlinda
    May 12, 2015 at 8:33 pm

like I said before:

VP Biden has probably missed a huge chance to claim that PBO is “sexist” towards him because I think there is no person who POTUS has referred to as his/her first name than our BFD VP;

PBO calls him Joe all the time because it is his name and they are friends so are not bound by formalities at all times;

tiresome Dems, no wonder PBO has no time for their whinny ways – hope PBO ignores them completely and does his own thing

29. May 12, 2015 at 8:44 pm

May 12, 2015 at 8:49 pm

31. 97 Dudette
    May 12, 2015 at 8:52 pm

32. May 12, 2015 at 8:56 pm

33. 99 Alycee (@jazziz2)
    May 12, 2015 at 8:58 pm

34. 100 Dudette
    May 12, 2015 at 8:58 pm

I forgive them this one slip up…

May 12, 2015 at 9:05 pm

So, the loony left is now yelling obama tyranny ?

Same shit, same coin.

36. 102 Nena20409
    May 12, 2015 at 9:06 pm

The lying bishop can still jump in……I saw his head on Twitter somewhere, supporting TPP, grudgingly so the article said.

37. 105 Dudette
    May 12, 2015 at 9:06 pm

38. 109 Dudette
    May 12, 2015 at 9:08 pm

Go Minnesota!

• 110 Nena20409
      May 12, 2015 at 9:14 pm

MN is a state that love to make Voting easier. One time, we had a GOPer who tried to monkey with the election enrollment, extension, and participation……on the very next MN election, that woman was defeated as the head of Election process in MN. I have forgotten the proper Title.

This exactly what States should be doing wherever Dems control the State House and or the Governorship. Waiting for the Congress is becoming problematic……especially, now that Dems stay home in Midterm elections.

39. 111 Dudette