Aug

The President’s Day

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Addresses+Young+louLU1RZ0B2l

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Addresses+Young+cMetBCFjpxxl

President Barack Obama participates in a town hall-style question-and-answer session with participants from the Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) Mandela Washington Fellowship Presidential Summit at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, DC. Identified as Sub-Saharan Africa’s ‘most promising young leaders,’ 500 people were invited by the U.S. State Department for the three-day summit where they interact with representatives from the public, private, and non-profit sectors

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Addresses+Young+hgYRCb0EKsNl

Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) Mandela Washington Fellowship participants sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to President Barack Obama

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Addresses+Young+zavGyhJOr-0l

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Addresses+Young+JR2SN5mfSRkl

President Barack Obama embraces Nigerian disability-rights activist and musician Grace Alache Jerry

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Addresses+Young+exc1pietq41l

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Addresses+Young+gxll_3C2OHxl

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Addresses+Young+uDKxUFjEZnml

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Addresses+Young+kINqQVhEikCl

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Addresses+Young+8hMkU5mrX3Ql

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Unveils+Clean+me4CygvMhI8l

President Barack Obama speaks about climate change during an event in the East Room at the White House. President Obama announced a major climate change plan aimed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the nation’s coal-burning power plants

President Barack Obama arrives to speak about his Clean Power Plan, Monday, Aug. 3, 2015, in the East Room at the White House in Washington. The president is mandating even steeper greenhouse gas cuts from U.S. power plants than previously expected, while granting states more time and broader options to comply. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Unveils+Clean+0YJPs-CPbaDl

President Barack Obama arrives in the East Room at the White House in Washington,  Monday, Aug. 3, 2015, to speak about his Clean Power Plan. The president is mandating even steeper greenhouse gas cuts from U.S. power plants than previously expected, while granting states more time and broader options to comply. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Unveils+Clean+eKbBxWcYqgGl

81 Responses to “The President’s Day”

1. August 3, 2015 at 10:17 pm

GE TOD! Outstanding round-up as usual, NW! ….btw if you need a break for a R&S or any time you think you may be busy…just give me a heads up πŸ™‚

August 3, 2015 at 10:19 pm

Nerdy…you are a tireless warrior:) Many thanks.

3. August 3, 2015 at 10:19 pm

Home of 99ts….nuff said πŸ˜€

It has rained in Tampa for like 3 weeks straight…but not all is lost 😎

4. August 3, 2015 at 10:22 pm

Reminds me of the Kyrie Irving “Uncle Drew” spots!

August 3, 2015 at 10:53 pm

smh /muttering what I wouldn’t pay the spy people to keep an eye on you! /

• August 3, 2015 at 10:58 pm

Did you actually watch the videos? or at least the end of the “Uncle Drew” video πŸ˜•

He has friend you know πŸ™‚

August 3, 2015 at 11:01 pm

Yes, I watched the first two all the way through! No, I’m not going to watch the third. I don’t like being fooled so I wasn’t too pleased at how the Uncle Drew one ended. At least in the first one the soccer player revealed who he was. People are so predictable though, swarming him once they recognized him – not so much before despite excellent skills!

• August 3, 2015 at 11:05 pm

“the soccer player” πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ The best part of the Ronaldo video is the girl denied him her phone # when he asked πŸ˜†

August 3, 2015 at 11:11 pm

Best part for me was his interaction with the youngster for whom he autographed the ball.

And yes, I crumbled and watched the 3rd episode – are these meant to advertise Pepsi? Very poor Pepsi ads if you ask me.

[I still haven’t figured out how you find (the time to find) these clips, and it’s driving me bonkers! Well it does each time you produce another one! What do you do – spend the entire day hunting before you come to the village? And when do you study/work/sleep?]

August 3, 2015 at 11:17 pm

BTW, here is the YouTube vid I want to share…. just because the musician isn’t too bad. πŸ˜€

• August 3, 2015 at 11:29 pm

…”lyrics ??” 😎 Beautiful tribute, VC. Not going to ask how long you [ahem/son] took to put it together.

August 3, 2015 at 11:41 pm

Well, that was a dig at the lyricist! Unfortunately for me, I requested a composition (for birthday last year) giving really broad terms of what I wanted, then tried to fit words to it once it was done. In this case, very trying!

Putting it together was easy (for him); choosing and arranging the pics was time consuming (for me). All in all – because of the subject, a labour of love!

• August 3, 2015 at 11:44 pm

That wasn’t a dig….that was a shout out to you….considering you were complimenting the composer…smh

August 3, 2015 at 11:59 pm

No-no, I’m not accusing you; I’m telling you that the question marks were a self-deprecating dig (given in response to offspring wanting to include that in the credits). [It amazing how often you and I mis-understandestimate πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ each other’s words.]

5. August 3, 2015 at 10:26 pm

Thanks for featuring this great event. POTUS was wonderful.

6. 37 GGail
    August 3, 2015 at 10:26 pm

Thanks NW for I missed all of this today 😘

August 3, 2015 at 10:27 pm

Yessss! Thanks NW – much more visuals than I got watching it live! You deserve a vacation medal, or two. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

8. August 3, 2015 at 10:27 pm

The first question ask of POTUS at the YALI Summit, his answer was A+.

August 3, 2015 at 10:36 pm

I don’t remember what the first question/answer was (not looking now), Annib, but I do remember that I absolutely adored PBO’s last response – the one where he made the very rational case that African countries have a responsibility for ‘brain drain’. You know, if governments did their part to create an environment of fairness, progress, etc. etc. that would go a long way towards holding their nationals at home (my loose interpretation)! I was so glad he said that because by that point I was grinding my teeth at the ‘What will the United States do about/for…?’

9. August 3, 2015 at 10:27 pm

From bottom of last thread:

10. August 3, 2015 at 10:42 pm

So sad……. πŸ˜€

• August 3, 2015 at 10:52 pm

Your GOP field ladies and gentlemen….LMAO

August 4, 2015 at 12:56 am

That first image was hysterical. Only thing missing was Carly’s head on Chris’ shoulder, snoring like a [fill in the blank].

11. August 3, 2015 at 10:49 pm

12. August 3, 2015 at 10:50 pm

• 51 sjterrid
      August 3, 2015 at 11:04 pm

I got a response from my Congressman, Donald Norcross, a democrat, back tonight. I wasn’t happy with his answer. He didn’t say he would vote against it, yet, was listening to testimony, but he mentioned not trusting Iran. He’s, also, going to Israel. I wrote back that what will Congress do to insure that Iran wouldn’t get a nuclear weapon, that would be a better deal than the President. I, also, wrote that I trust President Obama and his team on what’s best for the American people and the world than the foreign leader of Israel.

• August 3, 2015 at 11:08 pm

You did your part, Sjterrid. Everyone has to keep the pressure up…if some group like MoveOn, VoteVets, etc.. started mobilizing and threatening primaries that would help too.

• 53 99ts
      August 4, 2015 at 2:08 am

And this is how your congress supports America??? You would laugh if it was written in a novel – cry because it is not fiction.

13. 55 otter44
    August 3, 2015 at 10:56 pm

If Schumer is so disloyal as to vote against the Iran deal, then he should no longer be considered for a leadership position. I would prefer Washington Senator Patty Murray.

We have elections in western Washington, please return your ballots and encourage others. They said on the news that the turnout is pitiful 12% in King County.

14. August 3, 2015 at 10:58 pm

Pot….meet kettle!!!

15. August 3, 2015 at 11:10 pm

God knows what comes next πŸ˜•

16. 59 sjterrid
    August 3, 2015 at 11:20 pm

I don’t know how this is even possible. It’s amazing what 3-D technology can do. Thanks for the info.

August 3, 2015 at 11:23 pm

Thanks so much Nerdy for the excellent coverage of our President’s events and activities from morning to evening – you put the regular media to shame, easily. I look forward to catching up on tomorrow’s events and I know that our President’s 54th birthday will make it an extra special day on TOD! πŸ™‚

August 3, 2015 at 11:28 pm

19. August 3, 2015 at 11:33 pm

20. August 3, 2015 at 11:36 pm

AMK said he was in Kenya right? ….you never know with that fella.

21. August 3, 2015 at 11:56 pm

LL will enjoy this πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

August 4, 2015 at 12:01 am

LP – you have posted the 54th comment on this thread…in time for PBO’s 54th birthday! πŸ™‚ Congrats…54th is the new 1st!

22. August 4, 2015 at 12:04 am

good night TOD …

August 4, 2015 at 12:05 am

#44Turns54!

24. 70 sjterrid
    August 4, 2015 at 12:14 am

Happy 54th Birthday, President Obama!

• 71 HZ
      August 4, 2015 at 12:48 am

Nerdy W., thanks for all that you give to us here at TOD. You are the best! Maybe we can bring a wonderful martini to POB’s birthday tomorrow. I am sure he would love us all sharing a great one on his birthday. HZ

August 4, 2015 at 12:20 am

Now that I’ve welcomed PBO’s 54th B-Day, I’m heading to bed.

Bonne nuit, tout le monde!

August 4, 2015 at 1:19 am

Happy Birthday, President Obama! Or, as my great grandson calls him, Bobama.

August 4, 2015 at 2:07 am

And because it’s the President’s birthday, I won’t respond on twitter to this the way I’d like to, which is:

“No shit, Sherlock.”

(Oops.) Goodnight, TODville! Keep smilin’.

27. August 4, 2015 at 6:42 am

For GoBrooklyn’s Birthday week-Sweet Potato Pies from Amazon. Now somebody who knows GoBrooklyn’s home address will have to do the honors-I’m a little short this week. But it’s healthy and don’t be fooled by the price-there are six of them! Now all she needs is a little whipped cream or ice cream and she’ll be set.

For GoBooklyn: http://t.co/62bPASDF0V— Carol Johnson (@townsquare56) August 4, 2015

28. 78 tnmtngirl
    August 4, 2015 at 7:24 am

Good morning, TOD. Happy and Blessed Birthday, Mr. President. I have mentioned before that one of my daily devotional books is Joshua DuBois’s “The President’s Devotional.” Today’s devotion is based on Galatians 6:9: Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Joshua uses an example of traveling and working with Rev. Joseph Lowery. At an event in Iowa, someone thanked him for fighting for “the younger generation.” Rev. Lowery replied that he wasn’t just fighting for the younger folks……..and said that “I’ve got a lot of life left and I’m fighting for me too.” The prayer asks for energy for new struggles we face every day. At the very bottom of the page is says: This devotion was sent to PO on his birthday. How very appropriate–PO never seems to grow weary. (Well, except in the case of gun safety.) He never grows weary of doing good. He never gives up. And, nearly every time, he reaps the good harvest. (He wins.)

Keep doing good, Mr. President!!!!! May God bless and keep you.

29. 80 pkayden
    August 4, 2015 at 7:41 am

Happy 54th B’Day to our wonderful President!! Hope he has a wonderful and relaxed day.

@POTUS