Apr

A Tweet Or Two

Racism is: When a black president saves a state and its people from disappearing down the worm hole and the white people look at Trump and go, yep, that’s our guy. The article truly is enlightening.

26 Responses to “A Tweet Or Two”

1. 1 MightyPamela
    April 3, 2016 at 9:32 pm

2. April 3, 2016 at 9:34 pm

• 4 catrst
      April 4, 2016 at 11:15 am

I agree with this article up to a point. I am not thinking that Sanders is the person to take us forward on this issue.

3. 5 MightyPamela
    April 3, 2016 at 9:34 pm

I just saw a democraticunderground post claiming Erin Brockovitch endorsed tehbern

4. 6 Nerdy Wonka
    April 3, 2016 at 9:36 pm

It is so gobsmacking insane.

They don’t just slightly acknowledge in some abstract way that it was President Obama and his policies that saved them. Nooooooo…..they 100% know it like the back of their hands and still, they turn around and say to themselves, you know who should inherit that legacy? The motherfreaking racist.

Ugh.

5. April 3, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Thanks a traaaaaaaaaaazillion Nerdy, fantastic tweets – the last one has me weepin’!!!

6. 11 No Child Left Behind
    April 3, 2016 at 9:38 pm

7. 12 No Child Left Behind
    April 3, 2016 at 9:41 pm

8. 13 No Child Left Behind
    April 3, 2016 at 9:47 pm

9. 14 No Child Left Behind
    April 3, 2016 at 9:48 pm

April 3, 2016 at 11:47 pm

Wow!

• April 4, 2016 at 3:34 am

I thought that was already the case. I read this article at The People’s View a couple of days ago. Here’s a quote from the article with Matt Yglesias quoting the actual bill.

“Matthew Yglesias at Vox found the actual bill Sen. Sanders introduced in this session of Congress to make his free college, I mean tuition free public college plan a reality. Yglesias summed up the division of costs pretty well.
      “What Sanders’s plan, as spelled out in his College for All Act, does is provide federal matching grants to help defray the costs of eliminating tuition for in-state students.

Specifically, he is offering a 2-to-1 federal match for states that do this along with meeting a few other criteria like reducing reliance on adjunct faculty. This is a sufficiently attractive offer that some states would probably go for it. But it’s going to cost a lot of money, and tax-averse Republican governors like Walker pretty clearly aren’t going to do it.”

There’s a lot of good stuff on his education plan there. http://www.thepeoplesview.net/main/2016/3/31/back-to-school-why-bernie-sanders-college-plan-fails-to-make-the-grade

10. 17 arapaho415
    April 3, 2016 at 11:33 pm

GE TODville.

I know that most of TODville is abed and won’t see this, but wanted to rant that it’s frustrating to always be way behind here — and now it doesn’t help at all that I’ve been OFFLINE for 2 days because @Verizon decided to exit the ISP business in CA, FL and TX (among the most populous states in the US) and sold users to @FrontierCorp… on April Fool’s Day.

Apparently Frontier bit off more than they could chew, so no internet service since I left home on Saturday morning until now.

The good news is that PBO’s schedule thankfully not jammed-packed (as it has been recently), so I’m crossing my fingers that I’ll be able to do some catch-up.

Catch everyone tomorrow.

April 3, 2016 at 11:46 pm

So sorry about your tech problems – I hate that!!!! Get a good night’s sleep and catch up tomorrow!

April 3, 2016 at 11:37 pm

1, Paul Krugman is my new bicycle.

2. Been gone from the blog most of the day. What did I miss, in 50 words or less?__________________ (Ha!)

3. Thanks for these tweets, NW. Excellent selections, as usual!!!!! You Ba-rack! (Too corny?)

12. April 4, 2016 at 12:20 am

This looks like it is going to be good; can’t wait to see it!

Yo-Yo Ma
    My friends at Silkroad and I are so excited for you to have the chance to see “The Music of Strangers,” a new documentary by filmmaker Morgan Neville out this June.

April 4, 2016 at 1:27 am