Apr

The First Lady’s Day

Michelle+Obama+First+Lady+Michelle+Obama+Hosts+T8BoIqhck8Ul

Michelle+Obama+First+Lady+Michelle+Obama+Hosts+vCIP4g-mEB8l

Michelle+Obama+First+Lady+Michelle+Obama+Hosts+T_pWa8dTYsfl

First Lady Michelle Obama delivers remarks during a reception marking the Persian new year celebration of Nowruz. Celebrated by millions of people across the Middle East, Asia and Eastern Europe, according to the White House, Nowruz marks the ‘beginning of spring, the renewal of nature, and the welcoming of a positive and healthy new year.’

Michelle+Obama+First+Lady+Michelle+Obama+Hosts+ltzH_VLcN9jl

Michelle+Obama+First+Lady+Michelle+Obama+Hosts+HHeUFUm6mJwl

First Lady Michelle Obama embraces Iranian-American comedian Maz Jobrani as he introduces her

Michelle+Obama+First+Lady+Michelle+Obama+Hosts+1ta_mbKIvA2l

Michelle+Obama+First+Lady+Michelle+Obama+Hosts+suW0ZgXIoa_l

Michelle+Obama+First+Lady+Michelle+Obama+Hosts+uXyMTNII4pyl

Michelle+Obama+First+Lady+Michelle+Obama+Hosts+qTSYHW642Mhl

108 Responses to “The First Lady’s Day”

1. 1 Nerdy Wonka
    April 6, 2016 at 8:14 pm

• 2 99ts
      April 6, 2016 at 8:34 pm

GM from my world NW. Thank you for all the posts over the past few days.

Not sure who will be missed the most – POTUS or FLOTUS. The latter has stayed so true to her ideals while in the White House.

• 3 jackiegrumbacher
      April 6, 2016 at 10:10 pm

Oh, Nerdy, you made my day with these photos of our FLOTUS. You really know how to cheer a person up. Thank you for all the goodness.

2. 4 PrayerWarriorforObama
    April 6, 2016 at 8:41 pm

First Lady Obama is an amazing Woman of Substance – beauty and brains. I truly admire her.

3. 9 MightyPamela
    April 6, 2016 at 8:50 pm

4. 10 MadameSoph
    April 6, 2016 at 9:10 pm

Thanks Nerdy, for highlighting that gorgeous green dress on the First Lady.

Unfortunately, the color green doesn’t look anywhere near as good on me.

I love how she paired the forest green dress with the pale yellow nails! Spring perfection!

I sure am going to miss her next year! It will be interesting to see the first male FGOTUS/FSOTUS (First Gentleman? First Spouse?) But old Bill just doesn’t have this level of style and grace.

• 11 99ts
      April 6, 2016 at 9:19 pm

I was given a green polished cotton dress for my 16th birthday. I can still remember how much I loved it. Still don’t think I looked as good as FLOTUS 🙂

April 6, 2016 at 9:13 pm

6. 16 arapaho415
    April 6, 2016 at 9:14 pm

GE TODville.

Off topic, but it is about a “presidential” candidate, from a Canadian reporter at a Trump rally tonight.

Ashamed of these truly Ugly Americans.

• 17 99ts
      April 6, 2016 at 9:59 pm

Too little too late from Trump – he made this. Good to see some real media reporting. How about the US media – are they just sitting where they were told to sit so they see nothing, hear nothing speak nothing & report nothing – utter wimps the US media.

• 18 arapaho415
        April 6, 2016 at 10:05 pm

GM 99ts.

The scary thing is that these are the same people who would be carrying loaded weapons (around their children) — not in NY, but if they move to a state with laxer gun restrictions, these belligerent jerks are the ones with offensively loud, huge pickup trucks who tailgate anyone in front of them.

No thank you.

April 6, 2016 at 9:15 pm

bt, mom status update?

8. April 6, 2016 at 9:17 pm

POTUS in LA and SF this weekend to fundraise:

• April 6, 2016 at 9:17 pm

Wonder if he’ll have time to make an appearance on any of the LA shows??

• 25 jackiegrumbacher
      April 6, 2016 at 10:16 pm

Our President just never stops working to ensure Americans have a better future. He knows how much we NEED a Democratic congress and he’s doing everything in his power to help us.

9. April 6, 2016 at 9:17 pm

10. 30 Obama Grandmama
    April 6, 2016 at 9:24 pm

Rachel is giving the political history of how Ted Cruz came to be. She said and before you tell me Barack Obama had no election history either that is not true. Then Rachel listed all the IL state elections he was in prior to his US Senate race. Yay for her. I had been so tired of PBO being painted as he came from obscurity and had no International experience prior to his presidency. Besides being on Senate Committees and working on nonproliferation bills with a GOP Senator his major in college was International Relations.

11. April 6, 2016 at 9:24 pm

SOS Kerry was on Charlie Rose last night. He was great as usual and praised POTUS as a real leader:

• April 6, 2016 at 9:34 pm

BTW, he’s asked if Clinton were to request that he stay, if he would. He said, no, he’s done at the end of PBO’s term. Also said it’s the best job in the U.S.

• 38 Ladyhawke
      April 6, 2016 at 10:33 pm

(((((meta))))) Thanks for providing the link. I just watched and SoS John Kerry was great. He is a treasure. I find Charlie Rose so annoying. I think he is a terrible interviewer. He interrupts a lot. I get so sick of the harping on the red line comment about Syria. SoS Kerry handled that beautifully.

• April 6, 2016 at 11:42 pm

Charlie Rose does get on my last nerve and it’s tough but I try to get past that when his guests are worth listening to. Kerry has my complete admiration. Love him. He would’ve made a very good president.

12. April 6, 2016 at 9:25 pm

Just switched TV and heard Rachel say that BS said earlier that Clinton is no qualified to be President. That settles it. He is senile and off his rocker!!!!!

April 6, 2016 at 9:32 pm

Sounds mighty desperate to me…That’s just ridiculous on its face…makes no sense.

• 43 COS
        April 6, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Sanders’ reasons are: she and her super pack took money from wall street, she voted for the Iraq war and one other reason. At least he has an interview out there as proof, which was widely discussed today , pointing out his incompetency.

April 6, 2016 at 10:11 pm

He says she said he “wasn’t qualified,” first (I guess because of the interview). Then he said what he said, according to what I saw on Rachel. Everybody’s getting cranky or turning on the other or … in my mind … making this whole process “not fun.” I realize it’s all politics, but … ugh.

The only good part is that WE already elected the MOST QUALIFIED candidate in ’08 and ’12. I cling to that! And now I shall *clink* to that, one more time! May I make a toast to the President of the United States, Barack Obama!

Can’t wait until this primary is ohvah, on both sides, and we are assured Democrats will retain the White House for another 30 years.

• 45 Obama Grandmama
      April 6, 2016 at 10:07 pm

His crowd booed so loud when he said she said that about him. He then said she was not qualified to be President. She actually said he should be ready for those questions he did not know the answers to. It has now turned nasty.

• 46 jackiegrumbacher
      April 6, 2016 at 10:20 pm

Yes, he is, TN. He’s totally lost his moorings and spinning out of control. At this point Sanders is in over his head in a campaign he never expected to get this far. If he were smart, he would come up with an exit strategy and a gracious acknowledgment that Hillary will be the nominee. But he isn’t smart, so he’s going to cause the maximum damage as he goes kicking and screaming from the stage.

13. 47 No Child Left Behind
    April 6, 2016 at 9:28 pm

Oh boy. Just came home hoping to hear the Doctor talk about the Panama Papers. Instead, she announced “Breaking News from the Sanders Campaing: HRC is not qualified to be president.”

Back to Family Feud tonight!

14. 48 No Child Left Behind
    April 6, 2016 at 9:30 pm

April 6, 2016 at 9:31 pm

dnc or whichever clown is in charge fucked up big time by letting bs run on a dem ticket. the fucker should have been hung out to dry to run as ‘indie’.

16. April 6, 2016 at 9:33 pm

another anti- transgender bill is going thru the Tenn state house…i think these bills are ALEC cookie cutter bills…like stand your ground laws

• April 6, 2016 at 9:40 pm

And in case you hadn’t heard, the Bible as our state book bill landed on Haslam’s desk today. SCREAM! All over Facebook. Many comments are sane and against it, but there’s some right-wing nut jobs. SMH.

17. 56 JER
    April 6, 2016 at 9:35 pm

LIVE NOW: Bernie Sanders rally at Temple University – http://www.cbsnews.com/liveFeed/widget.shtml

April 6, 2016 at 9:43 pm

mom, where the hell are you?

April 6, 2016 at 9:45 pm

April 6, 2016 at 9:46 pm

April 6, 2016 at 9:46 pm

22. 64 No Child Left Behind
    April 6, 2016 at 9:56 pm

23. 65 JER
    April 6, 2016 at 10:05 pm

April 6, 2016 at 10:08 pm

you built this, gop mofos.

April 6, 2016 at 10:24 pm

If anybody’s for Bernie, I apologize – I’m just laughing because we’re all getting like kids on a playground now!

But this one’s quite the picture, and I’m LMAO.

26. April 6, 2016 at 10:28 pm

27. April 6, 2016 at 10:28 pm

20 of my years as a mental health counselor were as a geriatric specialist. Bernie is really showing symptoms of dementia. He blew a routine editorial interview with catastrophic results. Last night he forgot in his WY speech that all 50 states already have legalized gay marriage. Today he confabulates that Hillary said he is unqualified and now is saying in a speech that she is unqualified to be president, thus destroying any ability to preserve party unity. He blows up at slightest criticism, runs away from questions. He’s decompensating under the pressure.

• 72 COS
      April 6, 2016 at 11:13 pm

Sanders is in way over his head Bill R. I believe he was talked into running by the PL and has bitten off more than he can chew. It is beginning to show. PBO made running for president look easy. Sanders has already aged from when he started. I heard some one say that Thom Hartman introduced him at one of his rallys.

• April 7, 2016 at 1:05 am

I’ve never been impressed with Thom Hartman. He is so in love with Thomas Jefferson as a champion of freedom that he totally overlooks the fact that Jefferson owned over 200 human beings. Thomas Jefferson was also very hostile towards the Saint Domingue slave revolt, led by Toussaint L’ouverture, which abolished slavery in what is now Haiti. The so called progressives, like Thom Hartman, revere Thomas Jefferson and detest the second President, John Adams. But it was John Adams and his wife Abgail Adams who opposed slavery. And, it was John Adams who maintained friendly relationship with Toussaint.

April 6, 2016 at 11:15 pm

Sometimes I wonder why families don’t step in (I’ve thought that about McCain a lot!). But, of course, when you love a family member, and have no training in this kind of thing, it gets all mixed up how you respond – I get that. If you are right, and it’s not just his life-long personality and manner of reacting when he’s “challenged,” then it’s a damn shame.

• April 6, 2016 at 11:31 pm

I’m guessing there is panic in the campaign now and that’s why they are flailing around and doing stupid stuff. They want to protect him from having the kind of in-depth interview that where he melted down at NY Daily News. So they just attack recklessly. And he literally runs away from questions and criticisms. His brain isn’t able to handle this stress. The most dignified way for him to leave the campaign now is through some kind of medical issue.

April 6, 2016 at 11:41 pm

(I referenced the Post earlier, only to find out it was the Daily News.) He sure does not look like he’s enjoying any part of it, at this point.

• April 7, 2016 at 12:39 am

Bill, I am not an expert of any kind, but that’s what that interview sounded like to me. It was as though he couldn’t locate all his thoughts and put them together coherently. speaking in bizarre generalities. I didn’t see the debates but I had not heard that he responded like this. I thought he must have been more scripted and when they delved deeper for more details he just couldn’t handle it. If this is the case it is very sad. This involves more than his family; he does have campaign staff who have run campaigns before. If this is true and Ife they noticed something why in Heaven’s name did they start this nonsense? As for backing out, he could wait until Clinton wins her next primary and then say, he’s realized he has no path, doesn’t want to divide the party, etc., and he’s out.

• April 7, 2016 at 2:11 am

Well, that’s it. Being able to locate and pull up the necessary info and organize it into a coherent response. He was unable to do that. Saying he’s never given it much thought, that’s covering for the fact he can’t do it.

• April 7, 2016 at 5:23 am

We have been accustomed to watching a master…Barack Obama…who seems to know exactly what to say…who seems to have an endless supply of info ….The President makes it seem easy….but as we know …it is not!

• 81 Obama Grandmama
        April 7, 2016 at 1:13 am

His wife, Jane is one of his campaign managers so must be in denial.

April 7, 2016 at 10:42 am

I don’t like to talk about spouses – they aren’t the ones technically running – but I haven’t warmed up to Jane at all. He seems to think he’s less “entitled” than she does, to me. Just my opinion, of course, and I respect anybody else’s opinion.

• 83 Obama Grandmama
        April 7, 2016 at 1:20 am

I have worried the party may be too divided to come back together if Bernie keeps this up. I also wonder if Hillary wins will Bernie be sulking and not supporting like McCain was with PBO?

• April 7, 2016 at 2:14 am

Don’t worry too much. Trump can be a potent unifying force.

April 7, 2016 at 10:41 am

Not sure how it’s going to go, either … but I never thought the Hillarybots in ’08 (the PUMA crowd) would support the President, and she/they did … so let’s not give up hope that this will turn around. (But it’s a big worry for the general.)

28. April 6, 2016 at 10:29 pm

YUP!!

Good night TOD …..

29. April 6, 2016 at 10:29 pm

30. April 6, 2016 at 10:34 pm

31. 95 JER
    April 6, 2016 at 11:59 pm

President Obama in the Oval Office today.

A post shared by Pete Souza (archived) (@petesouza44) on

April 7, 2016 at 12:27 am

One thing I admire about the President is that he always appears to greet each day as a fresh, new day, like he hasn’t been doing it for 7 years and counting! We are so lucky.

32. 100 arapaho415
    April 7, 2016 at 12:19 am

I know the northeast power corridor pretty much ignore the west coast, only paying attention to California to mock Disneyland and Hollywood, but it’s true that what starts in California usually becomes the norm for the country.

Here’s two west coast items:

And our political affiliation? (bye-bye GOP)

April 7, 2016 at 12:34 am

Dan Pfeiffer liked my tweet. I think I’ll call it a day! Goodnight, TODville!

34. April 7, 2016 at 5:29 am

35. 104 SUEDUVALLSMITH
    April 7, 2016 at 6:20 am

I AM STILL IN SHOCK…2 ELDER LADIES CAME TO MY DOOR AT MY CURRENT ADRESS ASKING ABOUT THE RENTAL..IT APPEARS THE GREEDFUL OWNER PLANS ON RENTING THIS NIGHTMARE FILLED WITH MOLD AGAIN..I HOPE SHE GETS CAUGHT BEFORE SHE POISONS SOMEONE ELSES LIFE. THE ELDER LADIES AREN’T INTERESTED..I TOOK THEM ON A TOUR!

36. 105 SUEDUVALLSMITH
    April 7, 2016 at 6:26 am

BBL..<3

37. 106 SUEDUVALLSMITH
    April 7, 2016 at 6:31 am

YOU HAVE TO GO TO…GOVERNOR SCOTT GETS AN EARFUL…………………ON YOUTUBE..I PUT IT ON MY FB…ON THE FLOOR………………………………….LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

38. 108 sherijr
    April 7, 2016 at 7:31 am

My step-brother’s mother is here visiting for a few weeks… she arrived last night. She is an ex-pat living in Mexico. Her last words last night to her airport shuttle driver were: don’t forget to vote 🙂 however, she told him to vote for Bernie 😦 I told her about Bernie’s comments about POTUS and how he wanted to primary President Obama in 2012. Of course she has already voted, thus there is no real swaying her at this point. Today I’m going to ask her to be specific about what it is about Bernie that she likes, why she thinks he’ll be a good President; etc. I am really curious about what his draw is for folks. A little bit about her… she is 77, ex-hippie, actually lived in a commune back in the 70s- still a hippie in some ways. A nice lady, but always has been a free spirit of sorts.

Wishing all of you a lovely Thursday. Chips, I didn’t keep up yesterday, but I hope your mom is recovering okay and that you’re taking it easy too.

@POTUS