Jan

Chat On

Today: Lilah Steadman, 3, embraces President Obama as her sister, Addison, 4, gazes up at the President while holding on to her mother, Emily, following a promotion ceremony for their father, Military Aide Lieutenant Colonel Andrew Steadman (Photo by Pete Souza)

38 Responses to “Chat On”

1. 2 Dudette
    January 8, 2016 at 10:44 pm

Cutenessss!

January 8, 2016 at 10:59 pm

She senses 2017 fast approaching and she doesn’t want to let him go. After all, he’s the one and only and BEST President she’s known her WHOLE life!!! 🙂

// Jokes aside – this is beyond cute! It’s heartwarming, moving, and a great way to start our weekend.🙂

• 6 MightyPamela
      January 8, 2016 at 11:12 pm

^5 ^5 PBO so tenderly cradling her head ~ children know heart, they see the Soul, why do we have to lose that gift as we age and are programmed to think and believe what ‘they’ want us to think and believe.

• 7 HZ
        January 8, 2016 at 11:16 pm

Amen,MightyPamela, I hope all is well with you, my dear one. HZ

• 8 MightyPamela
          January 8, 2016 at 11:30 pm

Oh, HZ, so much has gone down, too much to tell, but thank you, I am well enough. Planning a move southward in the next 2-3 months, once that has happened, I am sure I shall be on the path towards strength and better health once again.❤ Love and Light to you, dear HZ.

3. 9 Judith Fardig
    January 8, 2016 at 11:04 pm

Going to hit the hay after thanking Chips for this darling photo and congratulating Dudette for opening the comments on this post. So far behind on catching up with TOD! Have a great weekend, all!

• 10 MightyPamela
      January 8, 2016 at 11:13 pm

Welcome Home, Judith. Rest well, you are a major player in shaping the future for those little kids up there in the photo, and for little kids all over the world. Thank you, dear.🙂

January 8, 2016 at 11:06 pm

5. 16 MightyPamela
    January 8, 2016 at 11:10 pm

HaHa!! That would be me: the one holding tight to the leg of PBO!! Never can let go. Love love love my new calendar, I know I’ve said that.

6. 17 HZ
    January 8, 2016 at 11:13 pm

Thanks for sharing with us, Judith. Now get some rest and try to relax after your most glorious trip. Chips, love you for this beautiful space here. You are so generous to us about what is going on with our GREAT President.
    Hopefruit, your comment brought tears to my eyes. Thank you. The young ones are so precious. HZ

7. 22 Dudette
    January 8, 2016 at 11:14 pm

January 8, 2016 at 11:16 pm

Had to come back and post this for the contrast.

A thug. Literally. In real life. Wake the fuck up, america dems and loony left.

January 8, 2016 at 11:38 pm

So very true!

• 25 99ts
      January 9, 2016 at 12:22 am

Fedex playing tennis in my town. Enjoyed the match where the Canadian (Raonic) won against Tomic. I haven’t seen the former before (although he played here last year!) – he seems to have learned much from Federer – no dramas – no disputes

• 26 amk for obama
        January 9, 2016 at 8:55 am

Just one more grand slam title. Is it too much to ask for?

• 27 99ts
          January 9, 2016 at 9:10 am

I can’t foretell the future – this one is not a grand slam tournament – think that starts next week – but he won quite easily today – although he seems to go into dream mode on occasion. I like that Raonic might be his natural heir

• 28 amk for obama
            January 9, 2016 at 9:18 am

I just hope this will be his swancall (swansea? swansong?) year and he goes out in great glory. He deserves it. Him & Borg are the true gentlemen of the sport.

• 29 99ts
              January 9, 2016 at 6:11 pm

Swansong – whether or not it relates to the fat lady singing – who would know. Back in the day everyone was the gentleman of tennis – I think Jimmy Connors was the one who changed all that.

What I hate most is the grunting – couldn’t watch the women’s final because of same.

• January 9, 2016 at 12:30 pm

On Cruz hitting his 5 year old “when she tells a lie”:
      Some adults do not get it that children do not think like adults. Little children are playing, imagining, saying it aloud.
      Does he ask himself what message his daughter gets every time he frightens and shuts her down like that?
      He is not teaching anything positive. It is just power-over abuse. Setting the cycle for a future abusive relationships.

January 9, 2016 at 12:04 am

This is not a commercial for Amazon Prime. I’d never put such a thing on TOD. Well, okay, it is a commercial for Amazon Prime, but I am only posting it because it’s so adorable! And, with that, goodnight, cowboys and cowgirls.❤

10. January 9, 2016 at 1:09 am

Donald Trump’s man on the scene showing his support for violent criminal seizure of Federal bldg.

11. January 9, 2016 at 3:43 am

Chips & Nerdy, I have a piece in drafts ready for posting. It’s in your hands. Tnx

12. 37 No Child Left Behind