(1) President Obama leads mourners in singing “Amazing Grace” as he delivers a eulogy in honor of the Reverend Clementa Pinckney during funeral services in Charleston, South Carolina (Photo by Brian Snyder/Reuters)
(2) Pete Souza: “While visiting the Whitney Museum in New York City, the President hugged his daughter Malia as they looked at the art work.”
(3) Pete Souza: “The President and his national security staff are all smiles shortly after being notified of the nuclear agreement with Iran.”
(4) Pete Souza: “’Show us the Jeremy dance,’ the President said to departing Social Secretary Jeremy Bernard, during a farewell ceremony for Jeremy in the State Dining Room of the White House.”
(5) Pete Souza: “The President carries the twin boys of Katie Beirne Fallon, Director of Legislative Affairs, into the Oval Office just a few months after they were born.”
(6) Pete Souza: “The President greets the cast and crew of ‘Hamilton’ after seeing the play with his daughters at the Richard Rodgers Theatre in New York City.”
(7) Pete Souza: “Members of the Senate Democratic Caucus applaud the Vice President after the President acknowledged their partnership during a meeting and reception in the State Dining Room.”
(8) President Obama listens to inmates during their discussion at the El Reno Federal Penitentiary in Oklahoma (Photo by Pete Souza)
(9) Pete Souza: “The culmination of years of talks resulted in this handshake between the President and Cuban President Raúl Castro during the Summit of the Americas in Panama City, Panama.”
(10) President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama join hands with Rep. John Lewis as they lead the walk across the Edmund Pettus Bridge to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of Bloody Sunday and the Selma to Montgomery civil rights marches, in Selma, Ala. Malia and Sasha Obama join hands with their grandmother, Marian Robinson (Photo by Lawrence Jackson)
There ends the list of contenders for pic of the year (click here to see them all) – a gazillion thanks to VC for all the help!
I’ll post your monthly choices after tomorrow’s Early Bird Chat, and then you’ll have until 8.0 EST to make the HUUUUUUGE decision!